In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Does anyone carry a SA/DA Pistol?

old45guyold45guy Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
edited July 2009 in General Discussion

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by old45guy

???????? explain please.
  • old45guyold45guy Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ???????? explain please.

I was just curious if anyone carries a sa/da pistol
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    its such a stupidly vague question the answer can be nothing but a sarcastic one.

sure, there are people that carry sa/da's. do you want to know what they are, or why, or some other quantifiable question or are you just that bored?

either of the above questions would have made perfect sense. your doesnt.

also, this isnt different enough from the other front page thread on sa/da's for carry to warrant a new thread.
  • Fly DoctorFly Doctor Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Used to carry my .41 mag Blackhawk on my hip in the woods. But now I carry my .45 Sig P220. A capacity issue.

Now it seems that the only time I don my .41 belt rig is when I'm tryin' to impress trespassers to get the hell off my land. It does wonders.
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    Yes

S&W 5906

I like it.

We get along quite well.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I , like Fly Doc sometimes pack a .41 Old Model Blackhawk-sometimes a Stainless Vaquero .45LC and sometimes a Llama 1911 in 9mm-for double action guns I pretty much carry a Taurus CIA .38 special---I have a Ruger P95DC that I can carry in DA mode for the first shot and then it goes into SA for the rest--is any of that what you are lookin for old45guy?
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    its such a stupidly vague question the answer can be nothing but a sarcastic one.

sure, there are people that carry sa/da's. do you want to know what they are, or why, or some other quantifiable question or are you just that bored?

either of the above questions would have made perfect sense. your doesnt.

also, this isnt different enough from the other front page thread on sa/da's for carry to warrant a new thread.

Holy critical! give the guy a break... the anyone is probably "us"

I have a star ultra nine that has the de-cocker and it is a cool little handgun, but I never carry it. I have a compact DOA .45 that I prefer. I was taught to carry the largest caliber that I can shoot accurately.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    What is it you need to know?

I carry a SIG P229.

The rest of you be nice.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Beretta 92

And a few others..

Why?
  • hehatemehehateme Member Posts: 724
    edited November -1
    HK USP Compact .40 is my companion on all my walks.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Locking this one, since the same question has been asked, but in more detail, further down the board.