In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Capturing an image from a FLash Player slideshow

badwrenchbadwrench Member Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Anyone know how?

I worked as a wrought iron fabricator for a while and one of my best pieces is on the company's website and I would like a picture of it. When I left-click on the image, my only options are "settings . . . " and "About Adobe Flash Player 10"

I tried a full-screen capture but it didn't work, but maybe I didn't do it right.

If you help me get the image, I can post it here so everyone can say "oooh, aaaah" and marvel at what I have dubbed The Helices of Insanity. This thing was a pain in the @$$ to do.

Comments

• BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    Seems I recall a program on my MAC that may be able to accommodate. Got a link to that slideshow, I will see if it works.
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BaseJumper
    Seems I recall a program on my MAC that may be able to accommodate. Got a link to that slideshow, I will see if it works.

With your Mac, it is built in. Just press Shift-Apple-4 and a crosshair will come up for a screen shot click and drag a box of what you want and you will copy the image into a ping. It will show up on the desktop as (Picture 1.png) open the png file with preview and save as a jpg.

Picture15.png
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    yeah that is what I did too

I was thinking it was a video when I read it first

Just got a screen grab. These the correct ones?

Picture1.png

Picture3.png
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey badwrench...

As an engineer, I can certainly appreciate the detail and effort that must have gone into that work. It's hard to get quality as such any more from new recruits.

Wonderful job man... are you sure you wanted to leave that kind of work? Quality skills as that are highly paid around here. Simply not something that can be out-sourced to India or China...

NICE............ [8D][^]
    edited November -1
    quote:I'll save them on my computer if you want to remove them from your photobucket.

I'll leave 'em up for a bit for all to catch a glimpse of. Mighty fine work there.
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Download the free version of "printscreen".

http://www.gadwin.com/
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    FWIW you can grab easily with the Gimp. Both free and Free, and yes, windows builds are available. Took me about 10 seconds to do, but I see someone already posted 'em for ya.