In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Yote news from way down in New Orleans!

zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
edited October 2006 in General Discussion
Sent to me by a friend, today:

The coyotes that seemed to have come into N.O. after Katrina are planning to stay. Abandoned houses are basically empty with heaps of garbage and rodents to feed on, they just moved on in and set up housekeeping. Not just the city itself, but the suburbs where the people were not allowed to come back for about a month (and then were only alowed in during daylight for another month)...are areas that are still empty of people, but not of 'yotes.

People came back to the semi-damaged neighborhoods...coyotes still here. Small "foo-foo" dogs gone missing, cats gone missing, and the tattered remains found in back yards. Have seen one running for the brush along a train track with what I think was a kitty in his mouth...not sure, was 5 AM and was walking my dog (but the dog did go nuts, so it wasn't something normal).

Nature is a shock to most suburbanites...it ain't like "Elmo" or "Lion King" where the critters all "jet get along".[:D]

Comments

• Options
    Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1

The trolls that seemed to have come into our forum after Lars are planning to stay. Established members posts are basically empty with heaps of garbage for the trolls to feed on, they just moved on in and set up housekeeping. Not just this forum itself, but the sub-forums where the people were not allowed to come back for about two days (and then were only alowed in if they play nice)...are areas that are still empty of "yes man" members, but not of trolls.

Members came back to the semi-damaged forums...trolls still here. Small "foo-foo" members gone missing, remote girl gone missing, and the tattered remains found in back yards. Have seen one running for the brush along a train track with what I think was a Davis or Jennings in his mouth...not sure, was 5 AM and was walking my dog (but the dog did go nuts, so it wasn't something normal

The internet is a shock to most hillbillys...it ain't like "Elmo" or "Lion King" where the critters all "jest get dead when ya shoot em".
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    coyotes are a generalist species which means they can live almost anywhere and urban enviroments do not seem to phase them one bit oly problem is they might have rabies
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dern CyberPunks!
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Warpig883

The trolls that seemed to have come into our forum after Lars are planning to stay. Established members posts are basically empty with heaps of garbage for the trolls to feed on, they just moved on in and set up housekeeping. Not just this forum itself, but the sub-forums where the people were not allowed to come back for about two days (and then were only alowed in if they play nice)...are areas that are still empty of "yes man" members, but not of trolls.

Members came back to the semi-damaged forums...trolls still here. Small "foo-foo" members gone missing, remote girl gone missing, and the tattered remains found in back yards. Have seen one running for the brush along a train track with what I think was a Davis or Jennings in his mouth...not sure, was 5 AM and was walking my dog (but the dog did go nuts, so it wasn't something normal

The internet is a shock to most hillbillys...it ain't like "Elmo" or "Lion King" where the critters all "jest get dead when ya shoot em".

Fun-knee stuff!!
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like it might be a good thing.