In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Keep out of reach......OK, now there's a pic.

SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
today a guy i know comes by to pay me back some money i loaned him.
he doesn't have the money, but he gives me 200 rounds of M2 30-06 towards the loan.
(like I need more garand food!!)
anyway i was curious what was under the duct tape that was holding the boxes together.
the ammo is headstamped FN 70 and the label says "made in belgium"!
but the best is the warning on the label "keep out of reach of children"!!![:0][:D]
more M2 that i have nowhere to put.[:(]

dscf0276.jpg

Comments

• catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    I would gladly take it and give it a good home if you don't have room for it.
  • RadarRadar Member Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just remember that no country i know of is issuing 30-06 rifles anymore so they are not making anymore ammo for it.Someday it will dry up,surplus i mean.
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At least he is making an attempt to make things right. I have loaned people money before and never heard about it again.. Course, when I loan money I have started hoping the best and thinking the worst- Expect to never see it again. If you DO get paid back, GREAT!
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    if i was you tom i`d keep as much surplus as i could get...it`s impossible to get surplus 30-06 or 303 here...impossible!...one day it will be the same there as well.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:it`s impossible to get surplus 30-06 or 303 here...impossible!..
    I have plenty of both, want me to send you some?

I only have one enfield (303) and one garand (30-06) and I don't hunt.
    got too much ammo to shoot in my lifetime.
    these 200 are going to auction.
    edited November -1
    it would be great tom, but sending ammo here is as bad as trying to send guns here...the red tape is a killer, for what it would cost it`s cheaper to buy factory hunting loads...and the real thing about it that annoys me so much is a lot of the 303 there comes from here[:(]
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dan kelly
    if i was you tom i`d keep as much surplus as i could get...it`s impossible to get surplus 30-06 or 303 here...impossible!...one day it will be the same there as well.

What is the advantage of surplus over regular, off the shelf 30-06 ammo? I've never had either. I have a 308 but I found a very accurate round for it so I keep buying the same stuff.
    edited November -1
    cameron...traditionally surplus military ammo was a lot cheaper. less than half price, i can remember back in the 1980`s buying surplus 303 ammo for 5 cents each here...factory loads were around $12 a box of 20.