In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I was ahead of my time.

FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Recently I have become aware of a radio program from RSU (Rogers State University in Claremore Ok.) that plays "Red Dirt" country music.
In my youth I was very interested in music and played the guitar, wrote songs etc. But in the last 10 yrs or so, I've kind of gotten away from it. Don't like the new Heavy Metal rock, and DESPISE most of the new country music. Plus my fingers are numb from truck driving and I can't play the guitar very well anymore.
So I hadn't kept up and this "Red Dirt" music was new to me.
Red Dirt music is very popular these days on the college circut. With bands like "Cross Canadian Ragweed" and artist like "Stoney Larue". Kind of a raunchy hell raising country music w/party themes. Often describes drug use.
But the thing that struck me was that it's pretty much the type of music I was writing 20 years ago.
Just my luck, usually I'm a day late and a dollar short. This time I was too early.

Comments