In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CWP NOT ACCEPTED IN OTHER STATES!!!!!

joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
This law should be changed, why is my cwp accepted in other states but not others, its taught by a sherrif, so this law dosen't make sense. so states accept yours but your state may not accept theres, u would think (example- North Carolina allows South Carolina, but South Carolina dosen't allow North Carolina) they would. i urge u get ahold of your Senter or Governor and let them know u want change.

take away my guns, use knife, take away my knifes, i starve, sorry for u BRITS out there

Comments

• silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was told sometimes it has to do with anything from one states gun laws to another to method of certification to who is pushing for reciprocity. Probably alot more variables than that though.

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Some of it depends on the quality of the training provided by the state, some states have a stringent training and some dont have much.. there are a couple states ya just go shoot you pistol and if ya hit the target your OK..So if one state doesnt meet the minimum standards of another state, they may not recongnize their permit..

yo-yo.gifsmilie_flagge13.gifmittelgr124.gif
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SC is demanding the other states take the pistol training course and to qualify with a handgun. States that do not do this are not recognized.
  • silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey joker check out packing.org it will have a state to state breakdown for you on laws as well as links to those states sites.

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi
    edited November -1
    GG: thats just what we need another STANDARD..or maybe a Federal Regulation setting the standard for each state. Its simple really,, each state should honor the other states just like they do with Drivers license..We should not let the Government infringe on states laws. PERIOD

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    A few years ago, if I remember correctly, the NRA was lobbying for a bill that would require all states to recognize a CHL/CCW license from any state. It didn't stand a chance.

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another thing i don't like in South Carolina is that the gun has to be concealed like under a shirt, or jacket it can't be on your hip in plain site which i think would deter alot of crime cause u don't want to harm someone with a gun when u see it on there hip

take away my guns, use knifes, take away my knifes, use rocks, take away rocks,i starve, sorry for u BRITS out there
    edited November -1
    joker5656, I would be very careful posting links about drugs and concealed carry. SLED could be monitoring this forum.
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=161245
    edited November -1
    don't care i have my first amendment and second and plus why should i worry about posting about concealed carry, first i own my guns legal and second i don't do drugs so if they got a warrant to enter my house i would sue for a false warrent. just because i post on here dosen't mean jack

take away my guns, use knifes, take away my knifes, use rocks, take away rocks,i starve, sorry for u BRITS out there
    edited November -1
    I take it you live in SC and have your CWP ?
    edited November -1
    nope no cwp but do plan on getting one here soon, just thought i bring up a subject on it and think the law should be change.

edited November -1
    You should get involved in Grassroots and call a senator or two. I agree with unconcealed carry but the best they can do now is concealed. Get yourself signed up for an instructional course and get the license.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Speaking only for myself, I believe all states should have the same requirements for concealed carry as VT !! [:D] [^] [:D] [^] It's not the business of any government, at any level, whether a citizen has a firearm or has it on the person. All this fingerprinting, proof of need, course work, etc. is pure BS intended to prevent honest people from protecting themselves and keep them more dependent on / vulnerable to Big Brother.

If not the VT way, then at least NH - apply, pay, get (if you aren't flagged by NCIC), pretty much the same as the Federal 4473. End of story.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)
    edited November -1
    Florida is a "Must Issue" state,, its all about the revenue..I feel if I am qualified to purchase a gun, then I should be qualified to carry it..Criminals dont need to qualify for anything...not qualified to purchase, then your not qualified to carry..simple.. if they could enforce the law that is already in place, but thats impossible, so why have the law????

edited November -1
    question is there a difference between CWP, CCW, CHL? if what ar ethey and what one is better

edited November -1
    Iconoclast, I agree. I carried in Indiana ( either open or concealed for many years ) The state or nobody had classes to get a license. Only thing needed was a background check. Then moved to SC. They had no Concealed carry until a few years back. Had to take a weapons class that a third grader could pass. Qualification was at 5,7,10,12 and 15yd. at a huge target. One only needs to get some percentance of score to pass... doesn't have to be perfect. What a joke !