In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dillon Square Deal B Model ?

4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
edited July 2002 in General Discussion
A guy in my locality listed two Dillon Square Deal B Model progressive reloaders for $150.00 each in the paper. One is set up for 45 the other 9mm. Are these square deal B's capable of multiple caliber reloading or are the caliber specific. It seems like a good deal to me, what do you think? Also there is a Hornady lock and load progressive press w/powder dumper and says all parts needed to reload with 4 shell plates for $200.00, which is a better deal?

When Clinton left office they gave him a 21 gun salute. Its a damn shame they all missed....

Comments

• Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    $150 is an excellent price for a SDB. Yes they are capable of changing calibers, but you can't use regular dies, you have to puchase special conversions from dillion. And the selection is pretty much limited to mainstream handgun cartriges. I would take the SDB any day over the hornady. Dillion has a no B.S. lifetime warranty, and they honor it well.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one used on ebay last year that came with 45, 9mm, and 40 S&W dies for around $200 or so. It's perfect for me since I do a zillion times more pistol shooting than rifle. If you shoot your long guns much, a Dillon 550 or 650 might be a better plan as you can use any standard dies for both rifle/pistol. I've seen other brands and used an RCBS Rockchucker for 20 years before going to a progressive. Dillon makes a great product with an even better warranty.

Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and for the same reason.