In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Was this a Hate Crime?

TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in General Discussion
I just can't help wondering if those who assaulted the drivers of this vehicle were black, and if the two who died were white?

Does anyone know, and why wasn't it reported that way if it went down that way?

You can bet your sweet bippy if a crowd of whites had pulled someone who was black out of the vehicle and beat them to death it would go down as a hate crime?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59194,00.html

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Again the old double standard!!

Getting sick of the RACE CARD.

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The man on the backboard looks black. Is he one of the occupants?
    All crimes involve hate. Color, whether the victim is a fairy, pervert, or different religion is insignificant. They should all be dealt with the same. EXECUTION! No special penalties because of race or sexual preferance. If the guys who killed these poor guys were white and found guilty.......EXECUTE! If the killers were black.....
    and found guilty.....EXECUTE! If Rosie O'Donnel did it to straights.....EXECUTE! If straights did it to Rosie O'Donnel.......
    EXECUTE! HATE CRIMES! Hummmm....... Politicians Hummmm.......
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that it has to be proven that the mindset of the criminal was to commit the crime because of the other persons race, religion, sex, or sexual preference. And I think its just a penalty amplifier, like makes and assault the same as an aggrivated assault.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    96harley,

I beleive that the person on the back-board is one of the females who got hit by the vehicle.

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no hate crime against the American white Male.I read an article out of a local newspaper,that the American White Male is the most discriminated against person in America.Then the American White female was next.This was an accreditated local news paper!

Best!!

Rugster
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the same thing happened in Detroit a few years back. Made me think about carrying a gun in my vehicle for personal protection. Of course unloaded and encased since MN & WI don't have CCW. Is there anyone on this board that keeps one in their car or truck but doesn't CCW?
  • BikerBoiBikerBoi Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    not to be ignerant but... whats a hate crime?

Guns arent dangerous! Im dangerous!
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GL, if someone is carrying illegally, I would hope they had the intelligence not to broadcast that fact in a public forum. If they don't have that amount of smarts, they probably are one of those who couldn't do so legally if it were permitted! I will not live where I can not carry. Heck, I try not to even pass through such areas.

As to the original thread, can't really picture two guys crashing into a porch as a deliberate act. If it had been, that probably would explain the reaction. But, sadly, I do suspect that van occupants being white and the attackers being black is the more probable explanation. It does seem that being a white male means a double standard in many venues today.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I saw on TV, it was Blacks attacking Blacks.
    I could be wrong.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Hey, that's how it's done in Rwanda.

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iconoclast - maybe I phrased it wrong. I wasn't refering to carrying concealed illegally. Just keeping a gun in your vehicle, encased, unloaded, and out of reach. Is that also illegal in some states?
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, saw it on Fox news tonight.

It was black on black.

But then like it was stated above, "What is a hate crime?"

Trinity +++

• guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, It's a black thing!

I think they call it black rage?

Does it suprise you?

Not me.

Got Guns
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The news always tries to make a racial thing out of it. Even when it has absolutely nothing to do with race.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was black on black this time.
    Savagery in the ghetto in summertime follows a predictable pattern of arson and mayhem. It doesn't take much to set off their destructive talents here or abroad. We don't seem to have constructive answers but
    I'll bet the Chinese could handle it.