In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

anyone here use the smartcarry holster?

mybadodgemybadodge Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
edited August 2004 in General Discussion
just curious if anyone uses it and if so what are your thoughts.

Bob

Comments

• mybadodgemybadodge Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    no one? wow...maybe not many people are familiar with it?

http://www.smartcarry.com

Bob
  • zamboni68zamboni68 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did a search and this is all I found....so I'm resurrecting this topic.

I'M INTERESTED IN ANY FEEDBACK ON THE SMART-CARRY HOLSTER (a.k.a. Thunder Belt)

Thanks, in advance!
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    not too bad for real little guns: ppk/s, baby glock, maybe the real small .45's. anything even medium sized wont be comfortable, unless sitting down is absoultely not an option throughout your whole day. try putting a medium to large framed pistol in this setup and then sittin g down. ouch for the guys

--Laws too gentle are seldom obeyed; too severe, seldom executed--

--The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them--

--It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind--
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got one in medium size. It does a good job of concealing a Glock 19 or Chief Special or cash, passport etc.
    They were made in three sizes.
    I was sold on them at a gun show when the, then company owner whipped out two full sized 1911s. This must have been in the mid 80's.
    The only down side is for people like me who have narrow hips and need to have a tight belt to keep their pants up. It makes for slow access to the pockets of the holster.
    It also makes a good money/valuables belt. I've used it in Europe and South America for that.
    In the medium size at least there is no problem in sitting with a Glock sized pistol.
    You wouldn't even get the fameous rise out of Mae West unless you actually had a flashlight in it.
  • zamboni68zamboni68 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Consider the fact that I will be carrying a Springfield Armory XD9 3" subcompact 9mm, or a Beretta 92FS Compact L Type M 9mm...and whether or not I have narrow hips--35W 32L pants, mostly dress pants and a tucked in shirt--figure I'd gain access by lifting the shirt to expose the holster.

For those who are using the device, and recommendations on color shoice since most of my dress shirts are cotton and light-medium colors (white, lt. blue, green, beige, etc.)..?

Is the security pocket worthwhile? Wondering how much bulk it adds to the holster. Would definately come in handy for travel.

Thanks for the feedback!!
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun is below the belt line hence, tight belt = slower access.
    Mine is the original blue denim. It has four layers of denim. The rearmost cloth layer looks like diaper material. It's pretty well padded
    and maybe a little warm for hot climates.
    The rear wide pocket is handy for bills and passport but it does add two thicknesses of material.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use "Thunderwear" (basically the same thing) when wearing sweats or shorts but don't like it at all with jeans or other more rigid clothing. I carry my Glock 29 in it... It does a good job concealing the firearm however.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.