In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

S&W 5909 really a 5906?

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
edited August 2005 in General Discussion
I didn't even know S&W ever made a 9mm stainless semi-auto model 5909. Anybody know how it is alike/different from the S&W 5906?

Just wondering.

4lizad

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Dang! Wish I'd had your response sooner. I would have bid on this

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35271368

Owner said he sold it today. He might have not known what he had since he couldn't even tell me if the frame was stainless steel or alloy.

Oh well, maybe I missed a collectable. Or maybe it was just a model 5906.

4lizad[?]
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info Quikdraw. Makes me feel better knowing I didn't miss getting a collectable.

But I got another one for you. What do you think about my S&W 9mm high cap double action/single action with the model number "559" on the side? Ever heard of that? Wonder what it worth? I've had it for over 20 years.

4lizad
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    559 is a blued steel high cap 2nd generation there was a short run before they changed the series to become current style of model numbering. They are there but not real plentiful quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Thanks for the info Quikdraw. Makes me feel better knowing I didn't miss getting a collectable.

But I got another one for you. What do you think about my S&W 9mm high cap double action/single action with the model number "559" on the side? Ever heard of that? Wonder what it worth? I've had it for over 20 years.

4lizad

"When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil."
    - Max Lerner
    edited November -1
    Heheheh! My 559 is S&W factory nickle plated. Entire gun is steel, even the frame. Somewhat unusual.

4lizad
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I emailed the seller in the auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35271368

His response was that the 5909 was the new version of the 5906.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    I emailed the seller in the auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35271368

His response was that the 5909 was the new version of the 5906.

quote:

posted by quickdraw67

interesting...since NO ONE LISTS IT!

Well of COURSE it isn't listed. Because it's NEW! Geez guys, get a handle on this.

(ok, just joking)

[:o)]
    In regards to my model 559, I had kinda hoped it might be some kind of value collectable but should have know better as I never end up with the good stuff.[:(]

4lizad
    edited November -1
    Thanks for finally settling that questin quikdraw. I was at least a little worried that I let a real collectors item get away.

I'm kinda surprised at the seller not knowing at least a little more about what he actually had in his hand offering to sell.

4lizad