In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Want to sign a petition ?

sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
edited August 2005 in General Discussion
I got this e-mail today and thought some may want to sign it.

......................C&P......................................

Subject: (Another) Dog died cruel death after having its muzzle duct taped...

Please sign this petition if you care to and then forward to others who care what happens to animals.

PETITION:

DOG DIED CRUEL DEATH AFTER HAVING ITS MUZZLE DUCT TAPED AND LEFT OUTSIDE PENNED UP IN THE HEAT

According to state-approved humane investigator Peggy Rizzo, a neighbor boy saw Soper place the tape on the dog and when his mother got home at 1:30 p.m. The dog was dead. The child's mother called the police. She also called and left a message for the county animal control office, but she said she had not received a call back. According the boy's mother, shortly after the police arrived, Soper returned home.

The male dog was a 1-yr-old, black-brown-and-white Walker Coonhound, named Thumper. Soper's boyfriend had obtained the dog in November from Pet Project, the animal shelter Near Grand Ridge, but had not formally adopted it. Rather, he was going to see if the dog got along well with his yellow Labrador. "I just can't fathom this," said Charlene Bailey, president of Pet Project. Bailey added that Soper had adopted a Great Dane in 2001, but the dog died while being spayed.

Dr. Christina Causemaker of Mendota, the Veterinarian who did the autopsy on the dog, did not want to discuss her findings, but did explain hypothetically what would happen to a dog with its muzzle taped shut. A dog's primary means of regulating its body heat is through panting, Causemaker said. Without the ability to pant, the dog would suffer heat stroke. "It would be very unpleasant. The dog would panic. It might thrash around and then die or first lose consciousness and then die," Causemaker noted. Dr. Causemaker added that there are too many variables to say with certainty how long such a dog would live after its muzzle was taped. The yellow Labrador at the home was taken by Rizzo, but has since been returned to the boyfriend.

Target: H. Chris Ryan, Jr. Judge Circuit Judge 223
Sponsor: Diane Overcast

We the undersigned:

We ask for the maximum fine and sentencing allowed under Illinois law, and that she not be allowed own animals in the future. Katie B. Soper, 23-yr-old, a nurse's aide wrapped duct tape 3 times around the muzzle of a Walker Coonhound, apparently so he wouldn't bark. She left for work at 9:30 am, He was left in a pen outside against the south side of Soper's house without shade. The temperatures reached the 80s. A bowl of water was present but the dog could not drink because of the tape. Saturday an arrest warrant was issued for Katie B. Soper at 1100 N.2803 Road, Utica, a rural area near Ottawa; but as of July 1, she had not been arrested.

Sign this petition at: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/978552648?ltl=1122812814

Comments

• MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stuff like this makes me want to go find someone and make THEM die a slow death..............

Merc

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. " - Al Capone, (1899-1947)

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    If they can do that to a dog, what would they do to a baby? or another person?...
    What is she doing to the the patients she is supposed to be taking care of?...Sure wouldnt want her looking after any of my family..

Petition signed.

cute_skunk.gif

Hudson.gif
    Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • spudshotspudshot Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i cant believe people can do these things to animals who havent done anything to them, in PA someone left a litter of puppies in a garbage bag on th side of a highway, they chewed their way out, only 2 survived, they're in the local shelter now. those people need to have the same thing done to them as they did to their defensless pets.

http://spudshot.mypicgallery.com
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can nurses aide be that stupid????
  • hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know that the lady was being cruel, just stupid. Some people don't know much about dogs. I'll bet 5 out of 10 people on the street don't understand that dogs can only release excess heat by panting.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hughbetcha
    I don't know that the lady was being cruel, just stupid. Some people don't know much about dogs. I'll bet 5 out of 10 people on the street don't understand that dogs can only release excess heat by panting.

agreed, I bet it was just stupidity. 23yrs. old? female, probably blonde too.[:D][;)]
    takes about 15 min. to debark a dog. Then again if you can't handle the bark don't get a dog.[V]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    bang250...

quote:probably blonde too

Why not a brunette?...or redhead?..or for cripes sake, BALD...

you know, I am blond (dark blond), and yes I have blond moments, but most men have Vonage moments..

cute_skunk.gif

Hudson.gif
    Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses
    bang250...

quote:probably blonde too

Why not a brunette?...or redhead?..or for cripes sake, BALD...

you know, I am blond (dark blond), and yes I have blond moments, but most men have Vonage moments..

cute_skunk.gif

Hudson.gif
    Lil' Stinker's Opinion

I don't even have a vonage! Don

I respect the truth too much to bring it out on every occasion.

The biggest regret of my life is the number of temptations I've resisted successfully.
    edited November -1
    Whether or not you "have it" is not important....

A blond moment is DUH!!!!...

A vonage moment?.... it is DUHHHHH!!!!

cute_skunk.gif

Hudson.gif
    Lil' Stinker's Opinion