In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dial-up on windows Vista Laptop

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited May 2007 in General Discussion
Keep getting a blue screen and BIOS stack dump the minute you touch the mouse pad.

Anyone else have this problem with the last update?

I have cleared all the temp files yade yada cache etc. Any ideas other that making it an expensive boat anchor?[:D]

Comments

• iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    IRQ conflict?

Feel sorry for ya on dialup.. keeping up wthe the patches/service packs is gonna kill ya...
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    When I bought my Dell Laptop they said I was eligable for a free copy of vista as soon as it came out. I still havn't asked for my free vista and am not sure I will.
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have yet to have a problem. however did you download any programs, cause there's only a select few that are VISTA compatible. try to uninstall those first if you did. other than that i can't help
  • KimbercoltKimbercolt Member Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am having a problem with IE7.
    I had to take it off two computers
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stay tuned- So far it seems it might be a Norton or Spy sweeper glitch. The guys at firedog are trying to mess with it.

Also the other problem is the MS update only did a half install on an update further making matters worse.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Which is exactly why I'm not upgrading to Vista for at least 2 years.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    Which is exactly why I'm not upgrading to Vista for at least 2 years.

Don't blame ya!!![8D] So far it's the only real bug I have had. But I do have to say the software does try to fix itself, this time it was just just chasing its tail with no resolve.
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    i said dont get vista. nobody listened. now i laugh.

anybody that willingly upgraded i have no sympathy. i feel somewaht bad for anybody that bought new gear out of necessity and was forced into it.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Never upgrade until the OS is at least 2 years old. Started that with CPM V1.1

Doug
  • MosinNagantDiscipleMosinNagantDisciple Member Posts: 2,612
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    Never upgrade until the OS is at least 2 years old. Started that with CPM V1.1

Doug

Unless its an Apple. Apple is generally very good with its OSes... unlike Microsoft, which basically forces you to beta test a product you paid for.
  • MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    vista is the SH2T if you have "old" software, obviously it wont be compatible. which is a problem for me being in school, but a great OI nonetheless

give it a try and get out of 2003 [;)][:D][:D]