In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Turkey season tally

hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
edited June 2002 in General Discussion
Well our season is over and here is the results.

9.5 Mosberg Buddy
9.5 Bow Hunting partner
10 Benelli Buddy/my new gun "Tried with a bow first"
9.5 Mosberg Freind
8 Mosberg Uncle
4.5 Ruger o/u Fathers partner
4 Mosberg Father
3.5 Mosberg Cousins boy
4 Mosberg Freind of a freind
9 Benelli Mine

Three tags left unfilled due to poor weather and lack of hunt time. We're happy, Anybody else do good?

Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!

Comments

• gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    hunter:
    big Fat 0,,,, rem. 3" 870 turkey,, my season was april 24-28th
    1st day saw 1 tom with 5 hens, got him within 150 yards that was it
    day 2: cold 26 degrees as the sun came up and windy turned to rain later on
    day 3: more rain and then it started to snow
    day 4: wind, rain off and on
    last day: no rain thank god!!! but no birds either oh well theirs always next year
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I plead the 5th.
  • simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Hunter280,

I've never had the opportunity to turkey hunt, and this may sound really stupid, but are those beard lengths that you're listing?

I'm not afraid of the dark...the dark is afraid of me!
  • hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Simonbs; It had better be! LOL! In our area we don't get real long beards but really thick like a paint brush. Our spurs are hardly over a inch, in fact a few birds didn't even have spurs, just a off-colored scale on the leg. We've taken large dominate birds that have only one spur or its only 3/4 in long no matter how old the bird is so I can only go by the beard length.

Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!
    edited November -1
    7mm; come on buddy you can tell me I won't tell a soul. Honest!

Mine was a combination of two beards, I was already getting the trailor ready to pull and in my bvd's when I heard the gobble behind the camp. Grabbed the pants-shirt-gun and went for a walk. Jumped 4 birds about 250 yards behind trailor, took the last one running.

Earlier in the morning I worked two big boys and got a shot at the second accross a train track. when I picked up my gun in low light my front fiber optic was missing and cudn't find the housing ring. I just looked along-side the barrel and missed.

I feel weaver sight co owes me big time and not just for the new piece of red fiber! Real nice tom!!

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, I cannot say. It sure is nice to have farmers for friends!
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a gobbler second week of the New York season. I found this years "gobbler activity" to be lacking.
    Did not hunt Pennsylavania this year
    Used a mossberg 500 with 2 3/4 magnum five turkey load, with Mossberg X-full turkey choke. Shot the bird at 35 yards.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best season in years.
    I heard gobbling yest AM at the farm.
    I got my 11"
    12 year old nephew got his first,a 9"
    Took a partner for his first,an 8"
    All with the old spraypainted Mossy.
    cpermd
    edited November -1
    Sounds great; any more?

7mm I too have farmer freinds, no more need be said!
    in fact one such farmer asked me to just shoot one for him to tast, it didn't matter sex or if a tag was used. I gave him my bird.

Once he came out with a double barrel and buckshot for us to use during bow season, never did take him up on that offer but made sure he had venison befor we left!

Edited by - hunter280man on 05/31/2002 12:54:29
  • n4thethrilln4thethrill Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i got two a big 14" and an 11" bps 10

you can be king or street sweeper but everyone is going to dance with the reaper
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zero, no Tom this spring. No luck at all in the field although Mr. Tom decided to strut in the front yard one morning that I got up late - let him go as did not earn him and Mrs. Gunpaq would have shot me if I left the breakfast she just cooked for me.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.