In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Are my priorities screwed up?

RedlegRedleg Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
edited June 2002 in General Discussion
I had a choice:

New rifle or new fly rod.

I chose the flyrod.

For the price of a new Browning A-Bolt Meddalion and Leupold scope, I bought a new Sage RPLXI flyrod and Lamson Litespeed 3.5. Now my next gun purchase won't be for about a bazillion years.

Comments

• simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    I'm ashamed of you! Go play on that fly fishing board

I'm not afraid of the dark...the dark is afraid of me!
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Fly rods or guns. Two good ideas - either one is fine.
  • RedlegRedleg Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Daddo!

They way I figured it, it would be pretty hard to shoot striped bass with a 30-06, you know. Far better to appeal to their stomachs with a nice Clowser's Deceiver.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a nice Ugly stick with a penn 4500SS reel works well for me. Either choice is a good one. Hunt 1/2yr, fish the other 1/2.

A great rifle with a junk scope,....is junk.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes they are. Coulda got the rifle and a canepole. No point in spending a lot of money to sleep on a river bank.
  • n4thethrilln4thethrill Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when is castaway coming out with their 7'6" 22-250 now that would be a true combo!

you can be king or street sweeper but everyone is going to dance with the reaper
  • Brth729Brth729 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redleg-- Not a bad choice. There's very few things that compare to the sound of a fish stripping line off of a reel.

***I'm in the hi-fidelity first class travelling section I think I need a Leer jet***
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, sometimes the range is too crowded where I shoot, thats when I head to one of the lakes and fish. I'd say you made a good choice,
    a guy needs some peace and quiet now and again...

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    quote:Are my priorities screwed up?
    YES

Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redleg. you made the wrong choice. You can always shoot carp with a rifle but you'll never land a whitetail with a flyrod. Leaders are too weak............
  • rscoleman88rscoleman88 Member Posts: 4,250
    edited November -1
    Diversity is the key to success Buy lotsa different toys and you won't get bored

Respect those who protect us now just as you would those who died for us in the past.