In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Asinine California Law

pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
edited June 2004 in General Discussion
OK, so Glock copied springfield and they have an olive drab green model. I saw it here on gunbroker and thought it would be cool to get that one-but no, since they changed their model, it has to be approved for California. When will it be approved? I dunno, but this just makes me angry.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I think the state of california legilature should have a hand put up their collective butt, and turned inside out.. Cant the people out there do something, or is the BERKELY crowd too powerful????

Classic (the Ugly Biker)
    pig.jpg
    "I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    There are currently 928 models in the database, certified for sale in California.
    http://justice.doj.ca.gov/safeguns/safeguns_new.taf
    When I started paying attention, there were about 830 or so.

It costs a manufacturer about $4000 to have a gun tested. I don't think build-in trigger locks are part of it, but are in other states.

There are many Colts on GB, which I daily and weekly drool over, which cannot be "imported" into the state. You might have bought the model you wanted before getting a drivers license (establishing residency).

There is a California site for CA buyers, with a tiny free buy, sell, trade section. The web site is a one-man-show, but it is good for getting ahead on what laws are around the corner. http://calguns.net
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Exempt from the testing and roster listing requirements are:... processed through a sheriff`s department in a county of less than 200,000 persons...[/red]

Humm! Wonder if the Sheriff can process that Colt I want from up in New England?
  • redrebelredrebel Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow!! I never seen that list before. I just found out that all my handguns are illegal in the communist state of Kalifornia.

Lame

dsarms_e0.gif
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:or is the BERKELY crowd too powerful????

Most of the university kids here are liberal from other states. All it takes is a mailing address, and whaaaaammow Instant voter for a state they do not reside in.

We have local issues with UCSC of 6000+ students that can vote here in our county, legal to vote because they have a p.o. box . Even thow they don't live here, they choose my fate with there influence of voting power.

In other words, I come to your town, I am a full time student, I get a mailing address for a few months. That makes me a resident of your state. I can vote on your local issues if I live there or not.

Thats nice to know how some of our gun laws can get passed[:D]

eyeflash.gif

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redrebel
    Wow!! I never seen that list before. I just found out that all my handguns are illegal in the communist state of Kalifornia.

Not true. Most handguns not on the list are legal if you owned them before the law went into effect. You can also sell them to another private party but a dealer cannot. (They can handle consignments.)
    There are also provisions for out of state people to bring guns in when they move here.
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    California wants U.S. military members to register all handguns they bring into the State with the Cali DOJ.

We don't[:D].

awcountdown.gif
  • beantolebeantole Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why does anyone who likes guns live in California? There are jobs elsewhere. We left communist Illinois in large part due to their draconian gun laws. I really think gunowners should just bail out of California, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts and a few other facist states.

Bruce
  • muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No offence FrancF but.....
    As far as I am concerned,they can carve California off the US and let it float out to sea....along with NYC...maybe they'll bump into each other on the other side of the globe.

Muggster
  • pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    I have family and friends here that are worth the hassle over a gun.
    It is possible to get, just has ridiculous hoops for us to jump through.