In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

*-er-Done Ice is headed your way

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2007 in General Discussion
Get ready for some power outages...

Comments

• Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I smell some comin for St. Louis too.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I'm ready for it!

It will be nice to finally have some winter weather.

The only thing I miss about California is going into the sierra's and driving in some real snow!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by *_r_done
    I'm ready for it!

It will be nice to finally have some winter weather.

The only thing I miss about California is going into the sierra's and driving in some real snow!

Tomorrow i should be getting a call from my cousin.. "Hey guys! How is it in Missouri? Here in florida its 70 degreese! Off to the beach!"
  • sotheresothere Member Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad that's not the name of some new rap outfit like the title might suggest.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2 hour delay for the schools tomorrow. Your area is probably going to be school closed.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    2 hour delay for the schools tomorrow. Your area is probably going to be school closed.
    GOD I hope not![:D]

That is the only break I get from my kids!
  • IronrifleIronrifle Member Posts: 664
    edited November -1
    I`m in SW Arkansas, and it started here 1/2 hr. ago. Ground is already covered, sleet and freezing rain expected later on tonight!
  • hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    a small storm just passed over us, just put down a few inches, but it has all melted. looks like your geting are snow / ice
    edited November -1
    Here it is 4:20am and nothing! Not even a drop of rain.

I am thinking this is another storm to fizzle out.
    edited November -1
    This is stupid! Not a drop of anything here and they just announced that the schools are closed today for bad weather![:(]

They say it is comming but they have said that before with nothing.

I would hate to see what would happen around here if a real storm hit! I have not got to see it yet in the 2 years I have been here.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I remember the good ole' days of having school cancelled the night before and then waking up to a perfectly sunny day.
    edited November -1
    Well it has started snowing a bit, but nothing to get real excited about.

I guess after driving truck for 16 years and driving in real snow storms it just does not faze me like it does some people.

I will find out just how bad it is shortly as I am takeing the kids out to breakfast. But I bet I never even lock in the 4 wheel drive.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am in the North Carolina mountains. It is 6:30 am, nothing.
    I WANT A BLIZZARD DAMMIT!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    It's comming your way, but I don't think it will be that bad for you either.

We got a lite dusting so far here in York SC. I want it to be about 2 feet though!
    edited November -1
    2' [:0][:0].. you just want to use your 4x4.
  • sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would sure trade you weather. We've got the snow and it's going to be cold through the weekend. 5-10 degrees for the highs. BRRRRRRR![:(]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    2' [:0][:0].. you just want to use your 4x4.
    Just got back from breakfast. There is about 1 1/2" around, but nothing to be excited about. But it is still comming down a bit.

On the way home I did lock in the 4 wheel just because I had not done it in about 4 months, but it was not needed.
  • Glock23ExpertGlock23Expert Member Posts: 1,031 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a good bit of ice this morning in Laurens, SC. The Greenville radio stations were calling out lots of wrecks in the Upstate. I passed a bunch of bozos driving bumper to bumper behind a big rig, all doing about 45 mph. I just got in the left lane and drove 65. [:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Glock23Expert
    I had a good bit of ice this morning in Laurens, SC. The Greenville radio stations were calling out lots of wrecks in the Upstate. I passed a bunch of bozos driving bumper to bumper behind a big rig, all doing about 45 mph. I just got in the left lane and drove 65. [:)]

Having lived up North for quite a while I always laugh at the way Southener's drive in snow. Before we moved to Columbia, I drove 90 miles on bad roads to get my service man to repair our heat pump he had just installed. He was a wreck by the time I got back with him in the truck. I gave him some Jack Danials/ coke and told him to sit back in the seat and relax. He must have told me to slow down, watch out.. hundreds of times that trip..
    edited November -1
    Best it is doing south of Columbia is freezing rain and slush..

DSCN0294.jpg
    edited November -1
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    My brother in law in Ricevill, NC just called and they got 2 inches of snow on the deck.
    edited November -1
    Here is what my place looks like.
    IM000323.jpg
    IM000322.jpg
    I just noticed the date and time on my camera is wrong. Guess I should fix it.