In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Race Fans

r1racingr1racing Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
edited February 2007 in General Discussion
Anyone hear if Jr. has a new crew chief yet ?
Just wondering with the 500 right around the corner [:)]

Comments

• r1racingr1racing Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many of you watch nascar. what are you predictions for this season? do you go to any races? I'm picking Dale junior to win it all and all ready have tickets for both loudon races.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Michael Waltrip, Dale Jarrett and David Reutimann diving Toyotas this year. [:0][:D]
  • gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    My predictions for this race season are as follows:

1. The "Daytona Mafia" (ISC/DIS) will continue to build their monopoly on American racing and try to put any other sanctioning body that competes with them out of business (while their T.V. ratings and attendance figures continue to drop).

A. Tony George will continue to be a "puppet" as well for the ISC/DIS chronies.

That's about it.[}:)]
  • jabronij3jabronij3 Member Posts: 4,686
    edited November -1
    Smoke[the home depot number 20] will be champ the toyotas will win 2 races Jr will finish second in points then leave DEI and go to RCR in a black number 3 the 48 will be 3rd in points
  • r1racingr1racing Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be awsome to see junior jump to RCR.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jr.'s got his step mother by the balls. She either has to let it be a family business or he walks. She has nothing without Jr. She'll have to let Dale's brother and sister into the business.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jr. and Harvick compete for #1.

Jr's got something to prove.
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    I'm so pissed about them allowing Toyotas in that I might not even watch a single race.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I expect Jr. Johnson and Fireball Roberts to be right at the top again.

TOYOTAs in NASCAR ???

That's unAmerican !!

D.
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    Kenseth will be #1, Edwards will be in top 3 and Stewart will crash every race but 2 or 3. Or so I could hope...I can't stand that whiner.
    I have tickets & pit passes to Daytona on Feb 18th...can't wait. Other than that I usually go to at least one of the Dover races.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gbeggrow
    My predictions for this race season are as follows:

1. The "Daytona Mafia" (ISC/DIS) will continue to build their monopoly on American racing and try to put any other sanctioning body that competes with them out of business (while their T.V. ratings and attendance figures continue to drop).

A. Tony George will continue to be a "puppet" as well for the ISC/DIS chronies.

That's about it.[}:)]

I predict the TV will be on watching something else. No way am I watching Toyota Nascar.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will watch many of the races. My prediction is that 43 cars will start the race. The cars will go fast, turn left a lot and sometimes crash. One guy will win. It won't be Jr' a whole lot I don't give a darn who wins I want to see good races.

I like Waltrip and Schrader the best. Neither will win a race this year.

Anybody dis'ing Toyota better remember that Ford lost 12.7 BILLION dollars last year. They stand a very good chance of going under or being bought out by Toyota.

Hundai, Honda and Kia will join NASCAR at some point in the future too.
  • Dak To 68Dak To 68 Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't watch much Nascar, though I've been to Bristol several times and really enjoyed it. What about Juan Montoya? Does he have a good car and team? If he doesn't do well it won't be because he can't drive, he was one of the better drivers in F1, which makes him one of the best drivers in the world.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Race is a sinful illusion[}:)]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dak To 68
    Don't watch much Nascar, though I've been to Bristol several times and really enjoyed it. What about Juan Montoya? Does he have a good car and team? If he doesn't do well it won't be because he can't drive, he was one of the better drivers in F1, which makes him one of the best drivers in the world.

The problem with Montoya is not his driving skills, its the fact that he doesn't know what the car is doing. He can't tell people that I need to have this set up or that set up. This is why he has jumped so many ships through CART and F1.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    As much as I would like to see JR. take it, I think there is too much turmoil there right now for him to actually win it this year (although he will be in the chase).

So as a Ford guy I will step out on a limb and say that Ricky Rudd is going to be in the chase and battle with a Roush car for the championship at the end, with Fords comming in 1 & 2.

I should be going to all the races at Lowes this year if all works out right.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hopefully Tony can pull it off, but it should be a good season. Me and my family have attneded the Michigan Fall race for the past 7 years, but it isn't going to happen this year.[:(] Oh well, will just have to put that money towards some new toys[:D]
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I'm going to attend, I prefer real stockcar racing IE: local boys on short tracks www.whittemorespeedway.net is my local track although AutoCity Speedway, Merrit Speedway and Dixie Speedway are fairly close also.

On TV if it isn't on a roadcourse, or burning Nitro, it isn't worth watching.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tailgunner1954
    If I'm going to attend, I prefer real stockcar racing IE: local boys on short tracks www.whittemorespeedway.net is my local track although AutoCity Speedway, Merrit Speedway and Dixie Speedway are fairly close also.

+1 I sponsor four dirt cars, two UMP Late Models, two UMP Modifieds.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

The problem with Montoya is not his driving skills, its the fact that he doesn't know what the car is doing. He can't tell people that I need to have this set up or that set up. This is why he has jumped so many ships through CART and F1.

I guess that's possible, though I have a hard time picturing someone who has made it to the top of the game, with six or seven F1 wins and many podiums, that doesn't know setup.
  • Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tailgunner1954

+1 I sponsor four dirt cars, two UMP Late Models, two UMP Modifieds.

+2 I like about any kind of 2 or 4 wheeled racing except nascar
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Several more talentless pretty boys will be hired to sell $25 t-shirts and baseball caps, and be fancifully referred to as "drivers".