In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gold may be cheaper

Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
edited May 2007 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Come on Slow, It does come with 7 clips[:D]
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No way in hell. Not even with the laser grips.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WTH ??? thats only three times the realistic value ...estate sale my foot ...
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    Ya got ta give the guy credit for daydreaming. We all have dreams. [:p]
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd got $450.00 for the whole thing.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is unbelievable what those Crimson trace laser grips/stocks sell for.

Here's a [url=""]SP 101 in 9mm[/url] that brought $425 + shipping, so if you figure some folks actually believe the laser grips are a $300 item, $850 Buy Now! is less than $100 over "market"

There's nothing wrong with a pie-in-the-sky Buy Now! price alone but it's not right to combine that with a hidden reserve of just a few dollars less.

Once I put a $225 Buy Now! on what I thought was an ordinary $75 Mosin Nagant M91. It was "collectible" because it was an original configuration (even though marked SA in two locations it had not been modified other than counter boring the barrel). A very nice guy from Indy used the Buy Now! to be sure that he got the rifle for his collection. I hand delivered it to his door.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    garanchgaranch Member Posts: 3,681
    edited November -1
    I too am amazed with the cost of lasers for firearms. You can buy a laser pointer for pointing at a screen to make a presentation in a meeting for under $10. But, encase the same laser pointer in a configuration to be fastened to a firearm and then you can charge $200-$300 dollars. And what is even more amazing is that we as "gun people" will buy them.

And No, the gun versions are no stronger of a laser than the good quality hand held "pointer" lasers.