In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

12 monkeys (the movie) [That Revolver]

powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
edited June 2003 in General Discussion
Caught the tail end of the movie 12 Monkeys last night. Odd flic from what I saw. Anywho, Bruce Willis plays the main character back from the future to stop a plaque. In the final scene he is given a revolver to kill the man carrying the vials with the plaque.

Now this was odd. The revolver was a from the period of 'The War for Southern Independance'. It was a 'Lemat', 40-42cal. 9 shots plus the 60 cal. grapeshot charge on the middle barrel/cylinder pin. This was used by the confederacy, made in France I believe. Just thought it was an odd choice for the movie given the time and subject. Just made it all the more sureal.

fc3cdbfd.gif

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas

Comments

• fullphantom5fullphantom5 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FYI That's 'Plague'. 'Plaque' is something that builds up on your teeth.

"We have no permanent enemies, we have no permanent allies, we only have permanent interests."
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    quote:FYI That's 'Plague'. 'Plaque' is something that builds up on your teeth.

Uh Oh, we have a spelling NAZI on board [;)]

NO POST FOR YOU !!!

JuJu (a Seinfeld fan)
  • maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    juju, actually there are two. i was going to say the same thing. not just spelling, but wrong word all together

mtcsig.gif
    SGT USMC
    SSGT USAF
    The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226
  • bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uh, make that three, Maggie....although I made sure I brushed my teeth before replying to this one.

Powdersmoke, what WAS the time frame for the movie? I haven't seen it at all, and don't know if the LeMat was an "odd" choice or not. "Unusual" choice, I can understand, since there weren't that many around to begin with.

I'd love to get ahold of one, though (the LeMat, that is)...but not at the prices I've seen them go for....can you say pocketbook "ouch"?

Big Al
  • diver1diver1 Member Posts: 502 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I may be wrong about this but one of the places bruces goes to
    is a civil war battle. That may be were the person who gives him
    the gun got it. Vince
  • powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fullphantom5
    FYI That's 'Plague'. 'Plaque' is something that builds up on your teeth.

[}:)] Well golly gee and shut-ma-mouf,shoot fire durned if it ain't. I jus' a ignernt Dixie boy.[:o)]

fc3cdbfd.gif

• powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by diver1
    the gun got it. Vince

Could be, like I said I just caught the end of the movie, was in 'modern' day--Uh--somewhere. He was trying to stop the man carrying the [:p]plaque[:p]vials from getting on a plane.

fc3cdbfd.gif

• Myra-LouMyra-Lou Member Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why didn't he just use toothpaste.......anyway Cabelas and Dixie Gun Works have an Italian copy of the French LaMat.....I would sure hate to have to clean it after I fired it.....looks like a nightnare to disassemble for cleaning
  • kriskris Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    predator 2....danny glover got one hell of a flintlock pistol from the boss alien!...
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by diver1
    the gun got it. Vince

I believe he actually went to a World War I battle. But idf I rememebr correctly, Willis bounces around all over the place time wise, as does Jose(I think that is the name of the fella who gives Willis the gun). Maybe Jose did some time at a civil war battle.
    Good movie.

"It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once"
    -David Hume