In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I-R Air Compressor Tank Sprung Leak

pagunrunnerpagunrunner Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
edited June 2003 in General Discussion
My I-R air compressor receiver tank rusted through some one kept forgeting to drain it. Oh well it's 14 years old. New replacement tank costs more than a new compressor guess I'll buy a new compressor with my Bush tax relief.

If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer.

Comments

• dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What model are you looking for? I might be able to get you good price.
    Don[:D]

eng.JPG
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been there. The old one we had started leaking, checked around for a tank and found out the same thing you did. Bought a new one. A few weeks later found one at a yard sale. I think the guy bought salvage stuff. This one was new, damaged in shipment (dropped and busted the aluminum compressor cylinders). It was a 75-80 gallon tank. He wanted $80 for all of it, still had all the new fittings, etc. I passed on it. Been kicking myself since. We could have hooked up the old compressor to it.

"Don't send flowers when I die. Send money now so I can buy more guns and ammo."
  • ToolbabeToolbabe Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What about gum?
    they make this junk in a bottle with little black jelly bean stuff in it....
    Tools thinks I dont pay any attention....yeah it goes in radiators...but it was an Idea!

Master mess sargent RRG
    Flying-witch18.gif
    Oh my God! is the beginning of a prayer, not a one liner!
    We come into this life with nothing, everything after this is our treasure
  • COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What about using a old ammonia or propane tank....... I'm using a 250 gallon ammonia tank I got free...... I can get another one if ya can get one of our trucker buddies to pick it up for you..[:D]

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
    <')))><

<')))><
  • pagunrunnerpagunrunner Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the advice but I'm looking for an excuse to buy a new bigger one.

If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer.
  • COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well in that case , why put off today what you would do another day... or something like dat.......... go get it.... happy shopping.... but be carefull....... I went to Lowe's yesterday and spend 457.00....... and went to just buy some eyebolts and grinder blades............[^]

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
    <')))><

<')))><