In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hurricane Watch............

COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2003 in General Discussion
Waiting for Tropical storm "Bill" to hit land.... It may become a minimal Hurricane......... It's currently 40 plus miles South of me and moving due North........ 60 mph winds ... moving 14 mph......

I let the whole crew go at noon execpt the night guy..... Now its just a wait and see ...............

Should get bout 12" of not needed rain out of him.......

Anyone else affected by this storm...........[:(][V]

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
<')))><

<')))><

Comments

• bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heard it is supposed to track across central and north Alabama, and dump a lot of rain.

"Don't send flowers when I die. Send money now so I can buy more guns and ammo."
  • ToolbabeToolbabe Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THe sky is black and rumbling louder than my stomach at the end of church ....I guess I will go top the store now why not have some excitement in my life! [south carolina] where are you *?

Master mess sargent RRG
    Flying-witch18.gif
    Oh my God! is the beginning of a prayer, not a one liner!
    We come into this life with nothing, everything after this is our treasure
  • COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm dead south central Louisiana..... 22 miles from the Gulf as the crow flies......... If your watching the Weather Channel they have a live satellite site in Morgan City........ that is just 15 minutes from me...

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
    <')))><

<')))><
    edited November -1
    Well i doubt it is already past you and hit me but ..it's a pourin here!
    by the wayyyyy do you know how it can be 100% humidity and not be raining? just thought i'd ask....

Master mess sargent RRG
    Flying-witch18.gif
    edited November -1
    Humidity........ Is the amount of atmospheric moisture..... Down south we have a wet or muggy heat (humidity) unlike up north that has a dry heat............. A few years back we (bout 10 people) loaded a large Ryder truck with flood relief supplies...... we were all soaking wet when finished........... The next day Three of us drove to Wever ,Iowa and we unloaded it, and never broke a sweat not one drop........ in one word HUMIDITY....... and we were bout the same temperature.........[?][?][?][?][?][?]

<')))><

<')))><
  • 4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    My youngest daughter was in New Orleans last week,thankful it was not this week.

flag.gif
    edited November -1
    *... My mother always told me to stop sayin I was sweatin' like a pig. she said Horses sweat....
    Men perspire....and women glow!
    I being a smartty pants would say Im a' glowin like a light house in the fog, I usually got smaked and sent to my room to think about glowing but I really think it was just sweatting in private!

Master mess sargent RRG
    Flying-witch18.gif
    edited November -1
    Yea the big easy is totally surrounded by levees and is 6 feet below sea level.......... any heavy rain means trouble....... but they have pumps that you can drive a full size truck inside their intakes...... lots of water moves when they come on.....[:)]

<')))><

<')))><
    edited November -1
    Looking better and better.......... seems to pasing to the east of me which puts me on the "good" side of the storm...... still nice to be home catching up on a little R&R............

<')))><

<')))><
  • spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
    Hey Coonie!
    We are going to catch a lot of rain from it here. As Toolbabe said, thunder and rain already in this area. It is claimed to be the leading edge of the storm in your area. We are supposed to get the worst of it tomorrow night.
    Glad it missed you. Were you there for Camille? That was really BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.[V]

spiny
    'not all who wander are lost'
    edited November -1
    Yes,,,, been here all my life........ live in the same parish all my life too............

Andrew in aug .1992 was the worst ..... We were hit by a tornado and lost everything...........[V][V][V][V][V][V]

<')))><

<')))><
  • i luv G.R.I.T.Si luv G.R.I.T.S Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey coonass what parish ya in? Im down here in New Iberia.
    edited November -1
    St. Mary................ WOW finally some good ole cajun help with "some" of these rednecks and yanks..[:D][:D][:D]

<')))><

<')))><
    edited November -1
    Coonie: Thank you Sooooooooooo much![}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]
    Which box would you put ME in, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?[:D][}:)][^]

spiny
    edited November -1
    Well that's a whole other topic I started a good while back.....
    north/south ????????????? I relized the manson dixin line does go way up "north"........... but HOW can one be "southerern" and live what I call up north........... Well here WE go again.........[;)][;)]

<')))><

<')))><
  • .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey there, Coonass, good to hear that ya didn't get whomped too bad by the storm.

By the way, someone is a'lookin' fer ya over yonder; you know, where they talk about The Firearms at that Forum?
    edited November -1
    Well, first of all, thanks for all the rain! Got a new gun I can't shoot, due to the rotten weather![:(!]
    Secondly, I AM from south of the Red River, west of the Mississippi, and east of Texas. What does that tell ya, hmmmm?[}:)]
    Sometimes, ya just gotta live in the 'near north' to survive. Oh well. Sure do miss the fishing though. Bream don't taste the same out of these waters.[}:)]

spiny