In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Royal Enfield Motorcycle

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited June 2003 in General Discussion
Here is the official webxite for RE. kinda cool site..

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/

Pepe_stand3.jpg

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
BIG DOG
wheelie.gif

Comments

• LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Man, during the middle sixties there's nothing I wanted more than a Royal Enfield 750cc Interceptor. They used to run a full-page ad in the cycle magazines showing a picture of this red and chrome beauty with a gigantic headline that read "Cruise All Day At 85mph!"

I had to settle for a 305 Honda Superhawk. [:(]

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Made in India. That fills me with confidence.

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I think they're pretty much junk today.

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a 66 Enfield basket case given to me when I was 17.
    I never did anything with it because I had a Norton at the time.

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    My buddy had a Royal Enfield back in the late 60's, it was black with chrome fenders, it was a nice bike!

pa.gif

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • The DunedanThe Dunedan Member Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They're great bikes...really reliable, and with a little cheap tweaking, zippy enough to be plenty of fun. The only complaint I've ever heard is the #$^&^&($& kick-starter! The most complicated endeavor since Hillary ( the explorer, not the she-demon ) climbed Everest! Push this, close that while opening this, pull this rod until this doohickey hits such-and-such, THEN kick it!
    RugerNiner: whaddayamean you HAD a Norton? [;)]

Stand up and fight, or lie down and die; for it is better to burn than to ever fade away.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sold it when I moved to PA.
    Then bought a Truimph Tiger.
    Sold that and bought a Honda 750 and then my 56 Panhead in 1978.
    Sold the Honda after a car ran into me on my Panhead.
    Still have the 6 volt, Straight Leg Ridged Frame Pan.

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • OleDukOleDuk Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dang, guys 'n girls, you sure bring back memories!! I had a 125cc Royal Enfield, two cycle bike around 1950. Carried telegrams with it; Western Union for a couple of years. Most of the recipients were very lucky since I never had to deliver a singing telegram. Others weren't so lucky because I had to carry some that reported Korean War casualties. Didn't hang around for a tip on those. Riding that bike was a lot of fun though.
    OleDuk
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a 66 Royal Oilfield GT-250 cafe racer that I resurected from a basket full of rust, prefered riding the 750 Norton however.
    Still have a 250 Greeves Ranger (2 stroke street/trail) if anyones interested in one.

Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • Myra-LouMyra-Lou Member Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeh....I always wanted a Enfield in the 60's.......Had to settle for a BSA 650 Twin......
  • Myra-LouMyra-Lou Member Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Made in India. That fills me with confidence.

it was a High performance Motorcycle made in England.....Guaranted 160MPH out of the crate

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    In the early 60's I had a Triumph 650 vertical twin, one carb. I couldn't afford a new one so I bought a used 1955 Thunderbird that had been altered to look like the more sporty Triumphs. I replaced the slower Thunderbird engine (cast iron head as compared to alloy, lower compression, etc.) engine with a 1959 Triumph TR-6 (I believe, been long ago) and would go around town kicking butt on the fast cars, Corvettes and (sorry everyone) all the Harleys. But one day I about s**t and fell back in it when I got beat by a stock Jap (Honda I think) bike that had much less displacement than I did. And the Jap bike even looked goofey compared to my Triumph, BSA, Norton, Gold Star, AJS, Aerial, or other Brit bikes. But it sure ruined my day.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.