In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shotgun stock comming along.

powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
edited June 2004 in General Discussion
The walnut stock is comming along for the 16 gauge.[:)] Still have some work to do but am getting there.[;)][8D] (Kinda' before and after pic's)

SGstockz.jpg
SGstock2.jpg

Preliminary fit. Uhh...ignore the mess.[:D][:(][:D]

SGprelimfit6.jpg

Still need to get a recoil pad. Does anyone know who makes a 'you-fit-it' type of pad????[?][?]

cowboypoint.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas

http://www.whyemier.1accesshost.com/

Comments

• steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    VERY NICE WORK!!! LOOKS GREAT!! [:0]
  • steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    Also, you might want to try here for the cut to fit recoil pad:

http://www.kickeez.net/
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does look like it is coming along nicely.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Congrats Powdersmoke! That is really nice. I thought about doing something like that once a long time ago, for about 3 minutes. That pretty walnut I looked at was sold by the pound, I believe. And it looked about as easy to work as a bowling ball. What brand/make shotgun is that? Let me know. I've got a bunch of buttplates here and its yours if I have it. Unless it's gone too far, you might want to leave your stock a little "fat" so you can install the buttplate then work the wood down to the plate and sand the wood and buttplate into each other for a smooth seam.

"If the zoo is closed, drop by the Senate. You'll get the
    same feeling and you won't have to pay." Bob Dole
  • powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by timbroman
    Congrats Powdersmoke! That is really nice. I thought about doing something like that once a long time ago, for about 3 minutes. That pretty walnut I looked at was sold by the pound, I believe. And it looked about as easy to work as a bowling ball. What brand/make shotgun is that? Let me know. I've got a bunch of buttplates here and its yours if I have it. Unless it's gone too far, you might want to leave your stock a little "fat" so you can install the buttplate then work the wood down to the plate and sand the wood and buttplate into each other for a smooth seam.

It's an old CRESCENT FIREARMS VICTOR EJECTOR 16 ga. The butt of the stock is a shade under 1-3/8" at the widest part. The height is 4-3/4"

The walnut was given to me. Yes it is harder to work, (patience, patience.) I still have several board feet of it.(about six board feet plus, finished slightly under an inch width) Had to laminate it to get 1-11/16" Lost about 5/16" in working it.

cowboypoint.jpg

• rediceredice Member Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Limbsaver makes grind to fit pads, and if there as good as there regular pads they also have print out diagrams for sizing. www.limbsaver.com
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll look . I had a new old stock Wards westernfield that's over 50 years old , should work good . I'll look when I get home tonight . SxS

Have guns,will travel
  • timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Powder - No Crescent branded buttplate but a couple of no-name about your dimensions, not so radically arched as your stock. Anyway email me your address and I'll send. Maybe you can use.

• powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by timbroman
    Powder - No Crescent branded buttplate but a couple of no-name about your dimensions, not so radically arched as your stock. Anyway email me your address and I'll send. Maybe you can use.

Got your e-mail, thanks. I can regrind and fit the stock to what you have.

cowboypoint.jpg