In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

reckless drivers

0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
edited June 2004 in General Discussion
man i cant stand these drivers.while driving back home today on the mountain pass there was an eclipse driving so reckless almost ran me off the road then he tried pushing other cars off of the road he was tailgaiting everybody on the road he even was riding about 3 feet behind a motorcycle[V][V][V]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
SEMPER FI

Comments

• ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    It's jerks like those that make me angry about getting pulled over for speeding on my bike. Invariably, I'll drive the speed limit away from the scene of the stop and be tailgated for miles, and the cop never pulls the tailgater over. Glad to hear you kept 'er on the road, though. [:)]
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just this afternoon I was driving south of Boston and a nutcase was 10 feet behind me in three lanes of heavy traffic going 65 mph or more at times. Yes, I was in the passing lane and was steadily passing people. I left maybe 30 feet in front of me - my reactions are not so fast! Man was this guy steamed ... and when I could finally pull over, he passed me in a second and then he pulled over cutting 2 feet in front of me and giving me to hands up in the air signal. It was the first time I have ever gotten that and it was from a guy who was in the wrong![V] It was so stooopid that all I could do was laugh! Massachusetts drivers are something else! [:(!] And it ain't pretty![V]
  • CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stopstrips stop them fast and it takes a while before they buy new tires. Just a thought[:D][:D][:D]

PJ

If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Life Member, AF&AM
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    That's where a JC Whitney police siren under the hood would come in handy.[:D]

awcountdown.gif
    edited November -1
    Man, do I hate tailgaters. I bought a '96 Trans Am in Phoenix when I was living in ND, back in 2001. Flew down and drove it home. Day 2, south of Denver, I was on I-25 northbound in the left lane with a cement barricade to my left and open space to my right. All the sudden, I come over a rise and traffic ahead of me is stopped on the road. I hit my brakes and know that I can stop before I run into the woman ahead of me, so I check the rearview while I'm decelerating and sure enough, a woman is following too close and has no chance of stopping in time.

I swerved to the right, into the semi that now occupied that space since I'd slowed down, and he moved off so I could get through. My passenger-side door had to be replaced but other than that there was no damage. The woman who was behind me actually collided with the car ahead of me, but they both left the scene before the police arrived, so I got a ticket for "failure to drive in the designated lane". But it beats the bent frame and likely injury or death I would've suffered between the two sedans.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are WAY to many of these nuts behind a wheel.
    Not too long ago, I was traveling down a two lane highway, doing about the speed limit (maybe a little over). There was one of these irate drivers right on my bumper. We came up to a stoplight (green) and this idiot pulled into the "turning" lane to my right, and flipped me off as he passed me. He blew right through the light and whipped back into the driving lane. Little did he know there was a cop sitting right on the other side of the light, just waiting to give someone a ticket. I had a BIG smile on my face when I honked my horn as I passed him sitting on the side of the road.

This kind of driver qualifies for the following line........

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    I just wish it were possible to make a citizen's arrest of idiot jerks like that.

The funny thing is that I have done my share of aggressive driving, and can tell you from experience on both sides that the only time someone gives the two-handed "WTH?" gesture on the road is when that person is in the wrong.

Flipping people off, though, has its place - on my bike trip this weekend I was passing a semi and he decided to change lanes immediately behind the semi I was 2 seconds behind without so much as a turn signal. Good thing I had acceleration and narrowness on my side to get by him and give him the bird on the way. I understand that trucks have an enormous blind spot - that's why they're supposed to use a turn signal for at least a couple seconds to give traffic hiding in it a chance to get out.

Another thing that irritates me on the road, after aggressive but poor drivers and tailgaters, is people who drive next to each other. If you are going the same speed as another vehicle, get in the same lane so the faster and/or slower traffic can safely get past you.
  • ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ever since i put that glock sticker on my back window people stopped ridin me, lol. it gets results. cody

if you're in my yard tonight, you'll be there in the morning
  • sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A good truck driver would have at least gave you a "opps, I am sorry" gesture, but not after you flipped him off. Lucky he didn't ease up on top of you 10 miles down the road and wonder where the grease spot came from.
    I don't flip anyone off, for any reason. If I have a problem with them, I tell them to their face.Flippin them off just makes two mad people on the road instead of one.
    David

Have Gun, will travel
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    i did call up the state patrol and gave them his plate number

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sandman2234
    A good truck driver would have at least gave you a "opps, I am sorry" gesture, but not after you flipped him off. Lucky he didn't ease up on top of you 10 miles down the road and wonder where the grease spot came from.
    I don't flip anyone off, for any reason. If I have a problem with them, I tell them to their face.Flippin them off just makes two mad people on the road instead of one.

You have a good point. I've never been a big fan of my horn (using it about as much as I use the middle finger), but maybe next time I'll try harder to remember which hand the horn button is on and use it instead. [:)]
  • The DunedanThe Dunedan Member Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Once New Hampshire becomes the Free State and all the roads are privatized, I have a solution for this problem.

1: Buy a road. Charge a modest annual fee to use it. In order to be allowed onto the road, your "permit" is one of those '1-800-how's-my-driving' bumper stickers.

2: Anyone who gets more than X complaints against them in Y time gets their sticker ripped off, their permit revoked, or whatever-have-you.

3: Chechens. Cossacks. Berbers. Scottish Rugby fans. Hell's Angels. Black Panthers. I don't care. Find some hairy-scary bunch of guys/ethnic group, preferably one that doesn't speak any English, and give them the job of catching/pulling anyone who's on your road without one of those bumper-stickers ( people with X complaints in Y time ). Give your Chechens of Cossacks or whathaveyou souped-up motorcycles and convertibles to catch violators with. Put cameras in the cars/bikes, so you can document any abuse, of course. Any violators they find, they pull over...and they can keep the violator's car[:D]. Rotate Chechens/etc every few weeks, so they don't get too pushy.

4: Wait about a month. I gaurantee (sp?) it'd take about that long for the word to get out that your particula stretch of road is a BAAAAAD place to tailgate, weave, and cut people off.

Stand up and fight, or lie down and die; for it is better to burn than to ever fade away.
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I admit, I drive recklessly sometimes.. oh well..

(puts flame-retardent suit on...)[:D]

GWB_logo_100.gifak.jpg01_american_flag.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder

"If the existing assault weapons ban expires, I personally do not believe it will make one whit of difference one way or another . . . So if it doesn't pass, it doesn't pass." Tom Diaz, Senior Policy Analyst, Violence Policy Center (VPC)