In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HK USP Compact / Glock year to year variances

bstruttonbstrutton Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in General Discussion
I really like the HK USP comacts. I'm looking around for a used one and came up with a question. I suppose this might apply to other models I'm looking at as well, such as a Glock 27. The question is "Will the build/specs of a given model such as HK usp compact or GLock 27 vary much from year to year (or several) in terms of size, weight, performance ?".

Thanks,

Bill

Comments

• Options
    SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not really.the glocks are different since they put finger grooves on them,and the hk varies by what firing variant you want.the usp compact is bigger than the glock but I think it shoots smoother.Gun tests just did an article on the glock 23 and the usp compact law enforcement with a dao variant.the dao was a drawback but it has been my experience that with the standard da/sa firing variant the hk beats the glock hands down.I have shot different sizes of both and to me the hk is just a better gun.the g-27 is a .40 cal and it kicks bad the g-269mm is actually one of the only glocks ive shot that i liked but the hk your talking about is a midsize and the glock you mentioned is a compact

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,RUSTY WALLACE FAN AND AS EVERYONE SO OFTEN POINTS OUT PISS POOR TYPIST e-mail:WNUNLEY@USIT.NET
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad, I saw some HKs at the gun show today. Oh well.

We are on what is called the "third generation Glock" now and the changes are practical but mostly superficial. The biggest change is when Glock went to a drop-free magazine, probably. The Glock's dust cover rail allows attachments, the finger grooves are nice for a better grip. There is a choice of trigger pulls now, which is nice for those who think 5 lbs. is too light with chamber loaded. Most of the other stuff is aftermarket: grip plugs, mag extender floorplates and such.

I'm not sure USPs have changed even that much.
  • Options
    SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanx for picking up my slack offeror.I thought about the finger grooves but not the other stuff(on the glock)

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,RUSTY WALLACE FAN AND AS EVERYONE SO OFTEN POINTS OUT PISS POOR TYPIST e-mail:WNUNLEY@USIT.NET