In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dumb Question about psorisos

NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
edited January 2008 in General Discussion
I may have spelled it wrong? I know its a skin problem, but what is it? Seems every commercial brake their advertising a new treatment for it. Im curious as to what exactly it is?

Comments

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go here for some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriasis

You can just imagine what some doctors of old diagnosed this as if you take a look at the picture! Psoriatic Arthritis can be particularly disabling.
    What's next?
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It isn't supposed to be contagious, and I believe it really isn't. I knew a LT(jg) who had it. He had graduated from Annapolis before he found out he had it, so BuMed and BuPers gave him waivers to stay in the Navy for at least five years, then reevaluate him.

He gave me a pair of gray gloves which he had use for inspections. I still have the gloves and don't have Psoriasis.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    a doctor once said i had that crap when i was young, but my grandma said it was from soap being too alkaline. started using johnsons baby soap and it went away. she also told me to fix it eat beets. i do both and its never come back. might try that?[8D]
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont have it or know anyone who does, I have heard talk or mention of it but thats it. They have advertised a new medicine for it all evening and I was just curious as to what it actually was.
  • Options
    ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Nighthawk
    I may have spelled it wrong? I know its a skin problem, but what is it? Seems every commercial brake their advertising a new treatment for it. Im curious as to what exactly it is?

It's caused by a loss of precious * fluids. It occurs in people that * excessively. You ahhh, got it?

[:D]

Check WebMD.com
  • Options
    iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    Don't know about * excessively, but my wife has it. Not good! Itchy, scaly dry skin. Sometimes open sores. Hurts and itches like heck. Has some kind of prescribed ointment that keeps it in check, but it is lots worse in the winter.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Step right up I have had it for over 25 years and Mine went into Severe Psoriatic Arthritis and it's not good. Tried everything even the kitchen sink and some work for a while and then nothing. I take a Remicade IV about ever 6 to 8 weeks to help the Arthritis and the Psoriasis.[xx(][:(][V]
  • Options
    mcasomcaso Member Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a couple of friends that have it. Neither drank water, doctor told them both to drink lots of water. Solved the problem.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    My half sister has it. Don't think she noticed it until she was an adult. Inherited it from her father (my step-father). He had it pretty bad, Had a lot of dandruff.

It has plagued her all her adult life and to a large degree has degraded her enjoyment of life although she pretty much can go anywhere or do whatever she wants.