In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just bought my first legal beer since 1937

tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
edited December 2007 in General Discussion
in Yalobusha coundy MS. We have had wine and hard liquor for ages but no legal beer since 37. We had an election Nov 11 and 65% of the voters wanted legal beer. Well and good but guess what? The do gooders are still trying to mess with us. They want no COLD beer sold, no SINGLE can of beer sold and non on Sun.

My elected supervisor is one who didn't want beer bo be legal to start with he seems to forget that 65% is a pretty good majority but he is a lame duck and doesn't need to worry about reelection.

I have been in some backward countries in my life, but this county in MS is about as backwards as any third worlder.

One supervisor stated, If a single cold beer is sold, the clerk will put it in a bag and you know he will drink it on the way home!!!

Oh yes, there can be no beer signs visible from the street!!

Jeezee, this makes blood squirt from my eyes.

Few months ago a resturant owner was told to take down his menu which was posted outside his business. Violated code compliance. He got pizzed and made code compliance guy go with him around town and he found 15 more similar outside signs. Found out he was singled out because his shingle had a BEER LOGO on it.

One of the more onerus, odious and galling aspect about the whole situation, many are my relatives and former school mates. While I left here after high school, mamy of them stayed here and became deacons and elders and big wigs in the churches and city gov. So therefore the few are trying to force their will over the masses.

They don't even have a bar in the local country club for gosh sake.

OK folks, my little rant is over and I will just sip my COLD beer. Cold beer can be sold, by state law, until city council and supervisors implement their develish little plans. Tom

Comments

• CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    im having ny first drink this year 2007 ,

365 days to go for next one [:D]
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look on the bright side of things. You could be living in Grenada. [:D]
    What's next?
  • tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimi, That is where we all from Coffeeville went to get our beer. County line grocery at county line on No 7 at Scenic route 333. If they are open, they sell cold beer!

Do you live in/near Grenada? Go to eat at Jake & Rips now and then. Their loaded taters are great. Tom
    edited November -1
    I've made that route a time or two myself. I decided to stay at the RV Park just north of Grenada while visiting your neck of the woods. My point was that maybe you should count your blessings in that you live where you do, and only have to visit that conservative stronghold of Grenada to refresh yourself! [:D]
    What's next?
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    The right to beer, and keep arms shall not be infringed.
  • davealddaveald Member Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sound like the middle hole of the bible belt.
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So why no "legal" beer since 1937.
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:One of the more onerus, odious and galling aspect about the whole situation, many are my relatives and former school mates. While I left here after high school, mamy of them stayed here and became deacons and elders and big wigs in the churches and city gov. So therefore the few are trying to force their will over the masses.

Might be interesting to do a "fridge tour" of their homes to see how many have that demonic brew chilling for their own pleasure. [:p][V][:0]
    edited November -1
    Kimi, would that be around Frog Hollow you visited? You should have come up to Water Valley. You just don't know how stifiling (sp) a place it can be. Grenada is a hot bed of liberalisism.

Ram, I already know. Our just defeated mayor wrote a letter to editor denouncing the evils of beer but the guy who ran Crossroads told me about many trips of our dear mayor to buy beer. BTW, I graduated HS with his sister. But he is deacon in church. It must be nice to be a hipocrit.

Realoder, I have no idea except around here it is said Baptists drink whiskey and beer is evil.

I think I have mentioned this before. My bro has a convenience store in Al. Our first couzin and her hubby run a bus line and are just one block away from him. They have NEVER visited his store because he sells evil BEER! It is really sad to be that eaten up with a beverage that was here before there were churches and preachers. Tom
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tccox
    Kimi, would that be around Frog Hollow you visited? You should have come up to Water Valley. You just don't know how stifiling (sp) a place it can be. Grenada is a hot bed of liberalisism.

Ram, I already know. Our just defeated mayor wrote a letter to editor denouncing the evils of beer but the guy who ran Crossroads told me about many trips of our dear mayor to buy beer. BTW, I graduated HS with his sister. But he is deacon in church. It must be nice to be a hipocrit.

Realoder, I have no idea except around here it is said Baptists drink whiskey and beer is evil.

I think I have mentioned this before. My bro has a convenience store in Al. Our first couzin and her hubby run a bus line and are just one block away from him. They have NEVER visited his store because he sells evil BEER! It is really sad to be that eaten up with a beverage that was here before there were churches and preachers. Tom

That where I was tc. Easter of 2005. Genealogy research. I did make it to Water Valley and on to most all of the northern counties in Mississippi. I really liked visiting your state, it was great!

I know about the liberalism bit. That's a real shame. How did the flag flap end up in 2004, to include the election and all?
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    Jason, we got about 15 minutes to go!! I thought about fireing off my muzzle loader 45 but I don't want to clean the darn thing!!

Dang, I just can't believe Tupelo is that bad.

Kimi, I did hear something about flag thing but really did not follow it but I guess it is still ok to fly stars and bars. Well, I don't know about over state property. There was a black guy who stayed in the square in Oxford for a long time waving the s&b who said it represented his family too.

Jason, you can't get beer or whisky in Lee county or am I missing something. Since whisky is legal here, beer fine was $250. Ain't that just plain stoopid. Tom
  • steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you have a bunch of RETARDS in control. And where there are retards in control, there are a lot of sheep people. Maybe you should run for office and influence the sheep people. [V]
  • ZebraZebra Member Posts: 5,762
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by steeltoe1978
    Sounds like you have a bunch of RETARDS in control. And where there are retards in control, there are a lot of sheep people. Maybe you should run for office and influence the sheep people. [V]

MENSA? [?][:D]
  • steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zebra
    quote:Originally posted by steeltoe1978

MENSA? [?][:D]

woot!
    edited November -1
    Steeltoe, I would consider it but I will be 70 in March and have lung problems pretty bad so about all I can do is *.

J, I applied for MENSA but flunked out on the finals!!

Yeah, there are sheeple here. Don't know when next town meeting will be but I will try to be there. Unfortunately, I live in the county and not in the city so I probably cannot get recognized. Maybe I can give my supervisor hell but that will be about it.

HEY GUYS, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Tom
    edited November -1
    Happy New Year to you, Tom!
    What's next?