In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rent a Dog? What Else Could You Rent???

zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
edited July 2007 in General Discussion
A woman here in California has a business renting out dogs.

Would you rent a dog? Why or why not?

I wonder what else you could rent out?
[:D]

Comments

• LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've heard tell of men renting women for a increment of time.
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    No! When did THAT start!??
    [:o)]
  • spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    Leave it to Cali.. I guess some might see it as a good way to pick up chicks/guys..take the dog for a walk in the park.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spryor
    Leave it to Cali.. I guess some might see it as a good way to pick up chicks/guys..take the dog for a walk in the park.

Bingo.....a puppy might as well be called a * magnet
  • vicg1vicg1 Member Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a few years back a NYC cop was renting her gun & shield to gang members for the weekend... she's no longer a NYC cop...
  • tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LaidbackDan
    I've heard tell of men renting women for a increment of time.

Yea some even sign a contract with them stating that if you ain't happy with me for life I'll give you half of everything I own!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:spryor:

Leave it to Cali.. I guess some might see it as a good way to pick up
    chicks/guys..take the dog for a walk in the park.

Don't laugh - my youngest son uses our dog all the time to pick up chicks
    at the beach. Sassy will bark at a certain voice inflection, on a given signal,
    at any question ... you wouldn't BELIEVE some of the beauties that Sassy
    has reeled in for John!

"Sassy ... do think Barb would like to have dinner with me tonight?"

BARK!

... closes the deal ... every single time!
  • spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    quote:Originally posted by spryor

Bingo.....a puppy might as well be called a * magnet
    My oldest son always wanted to borrow my Jeep, and my dog...said they were chick magnets. I loaned him neither.[;)]
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CALL: That was a dang stupid thing to do, bringing that old sign along. You'll have us the laughing stock of this whole country, with that "We Don't Rent Pigs" part.

MCCRAE: Well, we don't rent pigs. And I figure it's better to say it right up front, 'cause a man who does like to rent pigs is.... well, he's hard to stop.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being in CA I sure hope she requires a hefty deposit or is very selective regarding what "people cultures" she rents her dogs to, otherwise she may only get the collar back and perhaps some hors'dourvs![:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Zipper -

I left California about fifteen years ago, but before I left, I became aware of people who: Rented/Leased their abode, Leased their Car, Rented their Furniture, their Electronics, and their Business clothing, even the artworks on their walls! If you met them during the workday, the only things they owned were their underwear, their shoes, and their eyeglasses, and their wallet! The leases/rentals allowed them to "Look" richer than they really were, and live at a "higher" level. They were literally one paycheck from living on the street, with next to nothing in their name, with zero savings.

I understand that Women's attire, from hats to shoes, and everything in between (minus undergarments) is availabel for lease/rent, and that it is a growth industry...it is a way for a "Professional Woman" to have a vast wardrobe, and it includes Laundry service as part of the deal - they pick up next week's clothing and turn in this week's clothes dirty, and pay a monthly fee.

So, you single men, if she is in a Ferrari, and is Dressed to the Nines, it doesn't mean what you think it does...
  • Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap
    quote:spryor:

Leave it to Cali.. I guess some might see it as a good way to pick up
    chicks/guys..take the dog for a walk in the park.

Don't laugh - my youngest son uses our dog all the time to pick up chicks
    at the beach. Sassy will bark at a certain voice inflection, on a given signal,
    at any question ... you wouldn't BELIEVE some of the beauties that Sassy
    has reeled in for John!

"Sassy ... do think Barb would like to have dinner with me tonight?"

BARK!

... closes the deal ... every single time!

yes bu that i syour dog not a rental to do the same job
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    That's rather strange, why on earth would someone want to rent a dog... Well, I guess with the number of geniuses out there it could be a chick picking up technique but my god they have to be stupid so what would you do with them once picked up? I guess it'd be something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHiWdSqcE6M
  • dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    I've seen shops advertising rims and tires for rent. Some say "rent to own". These are the big 24s + 28s with spinners popular in the hood. Amazing.[xx(]
    edited November -1
    (CA guys - Obviously, these guys have never seen Cal Worthington
    and his 'dog Spot!')

http://www.mydogspot.com/video.htm
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap
    (CA guys - Obviously, these guys have never seen Cal Worthington and his 'dog Spot!')[:D]Is Cal still alive? He must be older than dirt and on his 15th dog by now![:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!