In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Are you a redneck

kenbeatuskenbeatus Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
edited July 2007 in General Discussion
As I travel around I wonder what makes a redneck. I recently went to the current river near Salem Missouri I drove by several homes that had conferate flags waving very proudly. That made me wonder if I am a redneck.

I have the obvious reasons to think that.
I like to shoot my guns
I like my beer
I drive a 4 wheel drive
I hate the imergration problem
sometimes I get too drunk to fish
just wondering who could relate

Comments

• cjwinkcjwink Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can relate.. But I consider myself a High Tech Redneck..
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    In Wyoming, we don't have the term "redneck." Confederate flags are rare here. However, someone who drives a pickup with an NRA sticker, votes Republican, attends church, drinks beer and looks out for the neighbors is generally referred to as "normal."
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love the Current River country (Spryor lives there you know), but I am no red-neck. My pick up is 2wd and airconditioned, I drink very little beer, mostly imports and never, ever from a can. I do not own a hound of any kind, in fact I have a cat. I have college degrees in sciences that study the deviant behavior of rednecks and their multi-generational in-breeding (If you have been married three times without ever changing in-laws, you might be a red-neck). There is neither a washing machine, nor a late '50s Chevy backseat on my front porch. None of my vehicles is on blocks, and I do not live in a double wide with tires on the roof. Hell, I must be a Yankee city slicker.
  • spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    I've always considered the Cofederate flag more of a rebel thing...and have considered flying one for that reason. I did used to fly one on my rail buggy.[:)]
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't watch NASCAR so I'm out.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    "redneck" is a derogatory term used by snobby immigrants, yuppies and california commies towards anything and anyone between west and east coasts. So, if you're not on the coast and if you don't vote left -- you're a redneck by that definition, no matter what you do, drive, drink, whether you fish or golf or shoot or what not.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eboydell
    Bill, Don't sell yourself short...we said REDNECK, not retarded![;)]

[:D][:D][:p]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Bill, Don't sell yourself short...we said REDNECK, not retarded![;)]
    So you are saying that if I think Dale Earnhart and Richard Petty were true American Hero's that I am retarded?[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

Yes I do watch NASCAR!

And I am pround to consider myself a REDNECK![:D]
    amused.jpg
    100_0186.jpg
    GRD.gif
    zzz12.gif
    IM000291.jpg
    redneckflag.jpg
    rlee2566.gif
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Kevin, you have got to stop taking me so serious! It was a joke. I'm a Redneck, and very proud of it. I miss Dale just like you do. However, my sport of choice is football...EVER SINCE THEY OUTLAWED NEGRO AX FIGHTING![;)]
    I knew you were jokeing![:D]

I still nedded to set the record straight![;)][:D]
    edited November -1
    HeDog, you forgot to mention that you never wear camo clothing in public. [:D]
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Around here (Okla.) being a Redneck means something different.
    You'd give your last dollar to a friend in need.
    You bow your head when somebody prays.
    You treat Veit Nam Vets w/respect and ALWAYS HAVE.
    You still say Christmas instead of "Winter Festival".
    You know what you believe and aren't afraid to say so. No matter who's listening.
    You believe the best sleeping pill is a good days work.
    You respect your elders and expect your children to do the same.
    You're not offended by the phrase "One nation under God".
    You've never proteasted the 10 Comandments being in public places.
    And you stand and place your hand over your heart when the National Anthem is played.
    Yup, guess I'm a redneck.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Untrue Sav99. One of my sunglasses has a grass camo chum to hold it outta the river.

I do not, however, wear camo to the gun show so every one will know I am a bad *. They just know.[:p]