In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Looks like the Dow is coming up this morning.

CutiegirlracingCutiegirlracing Member Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2007 in General Discussion
I hope it keeps on going. I've lost almost 6K in the last week. Hope to get it back this week.

Comments

• iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Heh. I've been about holding steady, and my Crox stocks have been going waaay up, even with everything going down.... Darn comfy shoes as well.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, it is good to see green arrows for two days in a row. However, as we all know, that could change dramatically in a matter of minutes. We have a very conservative and very diverse investment portfolio, but the last few weeks were still tough.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• CutiegirlracingCutiegirlracing Member Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's my own fault I've loss so much. I've have a thing for high risk stuff. The way I look at it is, I haven't really loss that money unless I sell it for a loss. And it's on it's way back up[:)][:)]
    I was expecting a drop anyway. Everytime the Dow hits a landmark. Like 13K or 14K people always sell.
    I think when it makes it back up to 14K I will sell too. I'm hoping it will drop again then I buy when it bottoms out.
    edited November -1
    While you are young and working you can afford to take risk because you are still earning and investing. Once you reach retirement age you tend to become a little more cautious and minimize your risks.

• TalentedTalented Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But the big dollarcollaps is coming up soon...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    While you are young and working you can afford to take risk because you are still earning and investing. Once you reach retirement age you tend to become a little more cautious and minimize your risks.

You hit it on the head there. I do plan to be lot more cautious when I get closer to retirement.
    My dream is to retire early and live in a boat on the Ohio river, so I'm taking bigger risk.
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    quote:I've lost almost 6K in the last week
    hell mine lost that in one day
    but i will get it back
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cutiegirlracing
    My dream is to retire early and live in a boat on the Ohio river.I wish you the best of luck! I highly recommend retiring as early as you can financially afford to do so. I believe you should enjoy your remaining years while your health is still good and you still have lots of energy and enthusiasm!

edited November -1
    Thank you Old-colt. Really I could about retire now. I just have to give up luxuries like food, shelter, etc.
  • TalentedTalented Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    150-200 000 usd should be enough.Then if you can just make some extra 20 % in the stockmarket each year you can live on that amount.[;)]

That's how it works...money comes to money,and money is scared of and avoids emty pockets [:D]
    edited November -1
    Yea, if it hadn't been for those little things like food and a roof over our heads, I would have retired right out of college![:D][:D]

• Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder how this move will impact the market.

AP - Rupert Murdoch's bid for Wall Street Journal publisher Dow Jones & Co. appears to have won enough support from the company's controlling shareholders to ensure its passage, the newspaper reported Tuesday.
    edited November -1
    Looks like it, or something, tanked the market![:(]

• RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    ^DJI: 13344.00 (-14.31, -0.11% Vol:230.5M)

Looks like it was too early to tell.

oops, 1 hour before closing:

^DJI: 13235.07 (-123.24, -0.92% Vol:271.0M)

and it's coming down even more...
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cutiegirlracing
    I hope it keeps on going. I've lost almost 6K in the last week. Hope to get it back this week.

Market is still declining and will continue to find a bottom. I am strickly out of the market laying in a cash fund till the market gets thru this correction. YTD I am up 9%.. and will jump back to the market in a couple of weeks or so.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I was on a 14% average before the drop.

Oh well I am in it for another 20 years so I don't panic when this stuff happns.