In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Chicken Alfredo

Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
edited July 2007 in General Discussion
I need an unique idea to do to chicken alfredo I am making for tonight.

I was going to finely dice onions and garlic and cook them down and mix them in but the wife hates onions and put a stop to that idea.

Comments

• hisbigbootygirlhisbigbootygirl Member Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what about mushrooms?!
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Add a touch of garlic and some blackening spices and serve over fettucine.
  • MosinNagantDiscipleMosinNagantDisciple Member Posts: 2,612
    edited November -1
    Put it all in a deep fryer... that makes anything taste better
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    it's all in the sauce

go get some 40% whipping cream, not half and half, it is only half 40% cream, 1 pint to 2 tb spoons of real butter, cook it down to a fast boil, then put in your fettucini, bring back to a boil, then add grated asiago {allot}, "not parmesan", you can buy the asiago in most deli's, salt to taste, then top with a long cut breast of chicken, you will need nothing else added
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try a prima vera.
  • aramisviaramisvi Member Posts: 4,589
    edited November -1
    I like to add diced Roma tomatoes to my alfredo sauce just as i'm serving it so that the red doesn't discolor the sauce. garnish with an orange slice
  • hissinggoosehissinggoose Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grill the chicken breast with some italian herbs and slice it thin. Serve it on top of the noodles. My favorite "extra" with alfredo is broccoli........those little florets soak up the alfredo sauce and it is soooooooo goooood! And the green makes a nice presentation.
    Also, just a little (1/4 tsp for 2 servings) nutmeg sprinkled in when the sauce is bubbling is the bomb. Learned that little trick back in college working in some up-scale establishments.
    REALLY good alfredo sauce can be hard to perfect. Don't skimp on ingredients.

Good eating!
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    Nothing, but nothing, tastes as good as a well made cream sauce. Unfortunately nothing gives me terminal gas worse than a well made cream sauce. I'm talking serious bovine gastrointestinal distress type of flatulence. To me it's worth the tastebud delight... I'm not sure my wife agrees.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Omit the nasty chicken and make Fettuccine Alfredo.[:D] However, an alternative would be Cajun Chicken Alfredo. Here is a link:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_34220,00.html

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!