In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

now i've gone and done it.....

aramisviaramisvi Member Posts: 4,589
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
When I got home from work on Sunday, my buddy John was sitting on my porch waiting on me. John's the guy that is the security guard, just bought his first gun and last week he bought a motorcycle...anyway, he wanted to go to the range and get some time in with his M&P. So I told Crystal that we were going and she said ok...me too. With that we left.
So we get to the range and got everything we needed to go out (targets, eyes, ears and ammo...it's a nice indoor range). We rented Crystal a .38 revolver to shoot while we had the M&P and my PA-63 (ammo for it is up to $23 per box WOW!!!)
So we're shooting, 20ft range and John challenged me to a 50ft contest with his 9mm ... 17 rd mags...all but 4 of mine are in the inner 2 circles...all but 4 of Johns missed the paper...then we tried it with my gun. 7 rd mags...I shot the line and broke the target holder on my 3rd shot (the clothesline for the pulley was hanging waaaay down into the firing line). So i went to tell the guys at the shop and for giggles rented a Kahr 1911 (John insisted) and made Crystal shoot it first. It was her first time shooting a .45.
So we take turns with it and then pack up to leave, that's when she noticed the (GRD will like this) a Rock Island sitting in the display, she just had to see it...
So on the drive home I keep hearing from the backseat "I really liked that .45...WOW that was fun...can you find one on GB? How much do they cost...who makes them...I really liked the .45 ..."

So now, after all this legal stuff is over, I have to get Crystal a 1911....her birthday is in 2 months...got a lot of saving to do....

Comments

• aramisviaramisvi Member Posts: 4,589
    edited November -1
    .... took my Christmas gift loot and bought myself a brand spanking new Marlin 60 with a beautiful walnut stock today.

Several months back, I had started a thread about the Marlin 60 or the Ruger 10/22 and a lot of folks obliged me with a lot of very good information. Thanks to all of you who took the time and posted replies.

I like Rugers a lot (already have 2 handguns) but since this is just for plinking at the indoor range - I don't hunt at all, don't have any vermin or varmint problems and I don't wish to sink a lot of $$$$ into customizing it - I really liked the feel and finish of this particular rifle over the Rugers I held today.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time for the third job![:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your in for it now!!!
  • spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    What - Were - You - Thinkin'!?!?
  • rock,roll,n,loadrock,roll,n,load Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know the feeling. Seem's to me these day's that women are really taking to shooting. My wife shoot's and we have 3 daughters that love to shoot. The 2 oldest daughters are off to college and everytime they come home, the first thing they want to know is "when can we go shooting?"
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You will not go wrong getting a RIA 1911!

They are the best bang for the buck and will last and last.

My oldest one has well over 3500 rounds through it and still looks darn near new.
    edited November -1
    checking on the third job as we speak marc1301

GRD...I just think it's funny. For weeks now I have tlaked to her about a 1911, showed her pics and different manufaturers...her response was always.."no they're too ugly to look at...too plain."
    After she shoots one and sees how much easier they are to work than my gun she made a beeline right for that RIA.
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by aramisvi
    checking on the third job as we speak marc1301

GRD...I just think it's funny. For weeks now I have tlaked to her about a 1911, showed her pics and different manufaturers...her response was always.."no they're too ugly to look at...too plain."
    After she shoots one and sees how much easier they are to work than my gun she made a beeline right for that RIA.

Dont judge a book by its cover [;)]
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    My wife has talked me into buying or giving her 3 guns so far. But after the "new" wore off, she almost has to dragged out to shoot them. She wants any more, SHE has to buy them.
  • Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rock,roll,n,load
    I know the feeling. Seem's to me these day's that women are really taking to shooting. My wife shoot's and we have 3 daughters that love to shoot. The 2 oldest daughters are off to college and everytime they come home, the first thing they want to know is "when can we go shooting?"

thats better to the ears than "i dont like guns"
    edited November -1
    Crystal has already told her dad about it and he's already said that on his next visit he wants to go to the range.
    I know he'd like to get a carry pice but he's not able to. his job has him travelling to too many places, some he can drive but most he has to fly. He describes his job like this..."You know all that junk mail you get...the flyers and postcard type ads??? I fix the machines that send em to you."
  • Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ahh...you should have let her shoot a glock...anyways good for her
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't anyone tell Crystal that she is getting a 1911 for her birthday. [}:)]

How well did she shoot?
    edited November -1
    pickenup...ok let me tell ya how she did....

shot one - hip shot
    shot two - neck
    shot three - chest
    shot four - hip
    shot five - uhmmmm nut
    shot six - chest
    shot seven - heart

mag 2 - all chest
    mag 3 - all head
    mag 4 - all....male appendage shots
    mag 5 - head and neck

all shots at 25ft or so....
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wait until it really gets expensive to take the girl shooting!!!!
    coralspics108.jpg
    coralspics102.jpg
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like Crystal is an OK lady. [:)]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
    edited November -1
    LF...and that's what the lottery ticket is for[:D]

JamesRk...she sure is. someday I will get her on here to talk to all of you too.