In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hurricane Season..............

bgjohnbgjohn Member Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2007 in General Discussion
I keep waiting for the next Hurricane to come sweeping in and obliterate New Orleans. People who live near the ocean should NOT also live below sea level. Then we'll hear more sniveling from those low IQ people. They'll be looking for someone to blame again. I tell them to look in the mirror.
JM[:)]

Comments

• Options
    cjwinkcjwink Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a Texan who has been transplanted to MS I am pretty up on the Hurricane stuff. And having gone thru hurricane Katrina I am thankful that we are 3 hours from the coast up here in Jackson MS.. But the thing that strikes me as so bad is that out of all the hurricanes that have hit the last couple of years. Why is it NO gets so much more attention.. After all MS took the brunt of the storm in Katrina, and Rita demolished the western part of Loisanna. Sure home and business got flooded in NO, but they were blown away on the MS coast. IMO the media is extremely biased to the poverty sticken residents of NO
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eboydell
    Well, first of all 70% of New Orleans is not below sea level. The problem lies with the crooked politicians, and the Corps of Engeeneers. I went though BETSY in 1965, and we had none of these problems. It would have been the same if the levees would not have failed. I live three blocks from the lake and two blocks from one of the levees that failed. We did NOT recieve any flood waters. Some parts of the city flood in a Summer rain. But in any case,I know many of my friends that were not required to have Flood Insurance because they lived in a high part of the city. To date, they have not recieved a penny of help. If we were a foreign nation at war with the USA, we would have been rebuilt by now![:(]
    Move to IRAQ!!

Jeff
  • Options
    SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup. Stockin' up on ammo, vodka, and vienna sausages.[:D]
    Hopefully the next hurricane will drown what's left of the rats and they won't come to Baton Rouge.

Friggin' Yats.[;)]
  • Options
    SuburbanNoizeSuburbanNoize Member Posts: 10,142
    edited November -1
    im waiting for a hurricane to knock some fences down somewhere in florida, so i can go protect the access and get some damn overtime
    ! when we have to travel its 25 bucks a day for food, paid for hotel room plus regular pay, unless its over 40 then its OT!