In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

any teachers here?

RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
edited July 2007 in General Discussion
can you offer advice for an upcoming special ed teacher interview?

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Teaching Wife just chuckled at the question. She said to go in and be yourself on the interview. Special Ed. Teachers are needed everywhere. They need 2 in her school this coming year here in SC. Good luck. Elementary, middle school or HS?
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Stay up-to-date on the latest "Best Practices" for your district; express the fact that you "go with the flow" and understand that there is no "Magic Wand" when dealing with special needs children. Each child is different and what works for one may not work for the next. Maintain a positive attitude and willingness to learn as well as teach. Above all, show a genuine concern for children, especially those who are less fortunate than others. Assure your interviewer that you intend to be an integral part of the success of your students.
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    HS, the wife is going for the interview in an hour and is freaking out!
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't teach Special Education, however, I have taught Math and Science to pre-meds during the last twelve years.

Best advise: put your heart into your job, and your students minds will follow.

Wish for your wife the best of luck.
  • Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If she's qualified she'll more than likely get the job. I graduated with a special ed degree in 1973 but spent 34 years in regular class and am retired. Illinois needed special ed teachers so badly then that the requirments were almost nil. Goood luck with the job and I hope she gets it!
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    interview went ok, waiting for the call any minute. it is agony
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope it turns out well for your family....
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Sandy taught Special Ed for the hearing impaired in the DISD for 8 years. No one wants the job. Just don't show she nervous and she's a shoe in.