In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger as a company?

IsurelkegnsIsurelkegns Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2007 in General Discussion
I dont have any experience with this company or its firearms but have been considering purcgasing a P-345 .45acp.The price is not far off from other more well known to me brands but I like the way it fits my hand.I also liked the Glock 21 and XD though even though I prefer a hammer fired pistol with double/single action.Any experiences good or bad with this gun or company is appreciated as well as suggestions on a top notch reliable polymer frame .45acp.Im mainly familiar with Smith & Wesson pistols but they have stopped selling the one I would have considered according to their web site.Thank You.

Comments

• oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They stand a good chance of success if they keep trying....
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Ruger has been making some of the best guns in the world since the early 1950's with (usually) excellent customer service. Rugers are built like tanks and will last forever although your other choices are excellent as well. http://www.ruger.com/
  • spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    I do have an olddd ruger pistol, not the one mentioned, but it's worked flawlessly for many years. They also did an excellent job rebluing it for me last year.
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have that exact pistol, its feeds anything and shoots great!!!! no complaints, i have actually been wanting another one but i have my eye set on a EAA witness at the moment
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its only money; just go buy it. Ruger makes good stuff; works fine lasts long time.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    If you like the Ruger and buy it, you wont go wrong.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    The co-founder of Ruger was a proponent of limiting our Constitutional Second Amendment Rights by legislating a maximum magazine capacity to ten rounds. His letter to ALL members of the House of Representatives and ALL Senators was published in Shooting Times.

From the time I read the letter until now, I have refused to buy a new Ruger anything.

I don't feel comfortable in enriching a Company that is busy stabbing firearms owners in the back - AFTER we made him rich.

No thanks - no Rugers for me.

Doug
  • SuburbanNoizeSuburbanNoize Member Posts: 10,142
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    The co-founder of Ruger was a proponent of limiting our Constitutional Second Amendment Rights by legislating a maximum magazine capacity to ten rounds. His letter to ALL members of the House of Representatives and ALL Senators was published in Shooting Times.

From the time I read the letter until now, I have refused to buy a new Ruger anything.

I don't feel comfortable in enriching a Company that is busy stabbing firearms owners in the back - AFTER we made him rich.

No thanks - no Rugers for me.

Doug

+1 doug, i think all the ruger mags over 10 rounds are marked LEO ONly. I believe it was the ruger president who said, No honest man needs more than rounds in his gun.
  • IsurelkegnsIsurelkegns Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I wasnt aware of any of that but the majority of .45's are 10 or less.I didnt know anything about Ruger being the ones behind magazine restriction.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Check the Shooting Times website - I'm sure you can find the text of William Ruger's anti-gun letter there.

Doug