In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

There goes the neighborhood

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
Was taking my dog for a walk in the small park in the center of town and what do I see walking towards me....a young tatooed neo nazi skinhead walking a mean pitbull on a chain. The punk thought it was pretty funny when his dog lunged at mine, but he would not have thought it too funny had I unholstered my 357 and evened things up.
I moved to a small town to get away from this kind of nonsense but I guess its everywhere. Until I hit the lotto and buy my own island, I guess I will have to accept the fact that no matter where you go, there will be miscreants, n'er-do-wells and the like.

Comments

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Well, with any luck his manhood enhancing canine killer will eat his nazi * one day.
  • sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's your problem. You moved to another town. If you would have moved to the country you wouldn't have that problem, and your dog could run free and poop where ever he wanted to. [:D]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sarge_3ad
    There's your problem. You moved to another town. If you would have moved to the country you wouldn't have that problem, and your dog could run free and poop where ever he wanted to. [:D]

This man makes a valid point.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I had the money, I would never live inside city limits, but being on a pension with a fixed income, my options are limited.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Everyone lives on a fixed income. Some are just better fixed than others.
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    not me. mines broken
  • spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chris8161
    If I had the money, I would never live inside city limits, but being on a pension with a fixed income, my options are limited.
    It's actually cheaper to live in the country..or i couldn't have done it for the last 30yrs.[:)][:)]
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Everyone lives on a fixed income. Some are just better fixed than others.
    Exactly. I hated hearing excuses about "poor me, I live on a fixed income..." like my salary wasn't a fixed income, too.

Live within your means, or your fixed income, and you'll wind up fine. Live above your means and you'll soon be broke.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would certainly like to get my income fixed, then I could move to the country and have a dog pooping in my yard.

Just take solace in the fact that some places you are the one who is misfit, miscreant, misunderstood.
  • spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    I would certainly like to get my income fixed, then I could move to the country and have a dog pooping in my yard.
    Any dog worth keeping will not leave lawn mines...they'll go to the woods.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dennis Smith
    Most country dogs will not poop in their own yard. They go down the road to the neighbors yard [:(]

Why'd you put a "[:(]?" That one should've been a "[:D]."
  • AzhunterAzhunter Member Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like he's the neighbor.[}:)]
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    My dog poops in the neighbors yard.[:D]
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigtire
    My dog poops in the neighbors yard.[:D]

That would be a target in my yard.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    In my crazy, repressive county here in OryGun, unleashed dogs are fair game, but cats cannot be killed.

Interesting word "cannot" - on my property, the cats have found that they "will" be killed.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Doug
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know what state you live in, but it is definitely not cheaper to live in the country in this area, if it was, I'd be there!
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess having a gang banger in your neighborhood is better than a Nazi.