In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just secured my place in Hades!

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
Have been sitting in the office in the dark playing internet hearts. The grandkids are here, and the youngest boy's new thing is to sneak up behind you and scare the crap out of you.[:D]

I had gotten up and walked down the back hall into the kitchen to get a drink of water and caught him out of the corner of my eye heading down the front hall towards the office on his tiptoes.[:0]

I looped around and slipped up behind him as he was trying to peek through the door to see where I was. I poked him in the ribs with my finger and yelled "Boo".[}:)]

He screamed like a little girl, and now he's mad at me![^]

My reservation has been confirmed! I'm bound for the hot side of you know where![:D]

Comments

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Love it! Aren't kids great? I'll be driving the bus.

[:D]
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    He still has figured out I'm as big of a kid as he is, and meaner too![}:)]
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Naw...you wait til he gets you back....then you'll know you are just getting ready for your real test. If you punch him between the eyes (like your reflexes will want to) then you have a heated future.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    He still has figured out I'm as big of a kid as he is, and meaner too![}:)]

Maybe not a quick as you used to be, but know all the tricks! God's equalizer.
    edited November -1
    He wanted to have a squirt gun fight last week and I filled mine with ice water out of the refrigerator. He's still mad about that one too.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good one Danny, gotta keep those young ones on their toes....I think you spot is still waiting in heaven in spite of your behavior..[:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Have been sitting in the office in the dark playing internet hearts. The grandkids are here, and the youngest boy's new thing is to sneak up behind you and scare the crap out of you.[:D]

I had gotten up and walked down the back hall into the kitchen to get a drink of water and caught him out of the corner of my eye heading down the front hall towards the office on his tiptoes.[:0]

I looped around and slipped up behind him as he was trying to peek through the door to see where I was. I poked him in the ribs with my finger and yelled "Boo".[}:)]

He screamed like a little girl, and now he's mad at me![^]

My reservation has been confirmed! I'm bound for the hot side of you know where![:D]

[:D][:D][:D] Those kids better be careful trying to scare grandpa...not sure how much his old ticker can take.
    edited November -1
    Last year I kept telling him he had his shoes on the correct feet, but he had his left sock on his right foot, and his right sock on his left foot. He would pull his shoes off and swap his socks.

That one worked for over a week until his mom ratted me out![;)]
    edited November -1
    Last year I kept telling him he had his shoes on the correct feet, but he had his left sock on his right foot, and his right sock on his left foot. He would pull his shoes off and swap his socks.

That one worked for over a week until his mom ratted me out![;)]

[:D][}:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    [:D][:D][:D] Those kids better be careful trying to scare grandpa...not sure how much his old ticker can take.

They don't care, a few Sundays ago after church the youngest one tripped me (on purpose) heading across the parking lot. Ruined a perfectly good set of suit pants when I tore them hitting the ground. They all laughed like it was the funniest thing they had ever seen.

I will get even![}:)]
  • KrinkovManKrinkovMan Member Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lol, laughing at old people falling! look at him and in all seriousness tell him his socks are untied.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KrinkovMan
    lol, laughing at old people falling! look at him and in all seriousness tell him his socks are untied.

I will store that one in the memory banks. My next plan is to give him some ice cream (his favorite desert) with salt on it. Little toot!
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    Just before sending him home to mom, make him a nice big cup of hot chocolate, but liberally lace it with ex-lax. That should even out the torn pants! [}:)]
  • oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    best time i got my son was when he had been scareing the crap outta his lil sis...
    they had been watching fright flicks all day around halloween when this happened, so i waited till they were just about asleep...
    it so happened i had smashed my hand pretty good at work the week before and the middle 3 fingers were nice blue/purple/yellow-white, with nails starting to come loose!
    i crept up the stairs and crawled on the floor so he wouldnt see any shadow or movement, then from the floor along side his bed i slipped that mangled hand up just beneath his head in a patch of moonlight... and grabbed at his throat!
    he jumped, saw that corpse-like hand and screamed so loud the neighbors accross the street came out to see what was going on!
    told him through the tears of laughter that now he know what it is like to get scared.
    last time he tried to scare sis for a LLOOOoong time.
  • acm1288acm1288 Member Posts: 263 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [/quote]
    Try to get a spot by the A/C, i hear they're fillin up fast[;)]
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Sorta like my recent "trip" Daniel H...
    concerning 'coming or going'.

"God may stll have a use for us, so here we may stay...
    Too,
    the devil may not want us, cause we might mess up his play..."

All these young/new voices around GB,
    seein' you as the calm, sedate, and well-respected grandpa...
    Coupla of us 'round here... have seen up close, your 'evil' side...

Devil see you comin' Marine,
    he'd be sneekin' out the back door... [;)]

BTW, dad said to give you his best,
    he'll never forget "that letter".

In fact, his hearing is sooo bad now that I write him about every other week. Pleases him to no end. Helen says he reads them three or 4-times over several days. Then he phones me on the weekend and replies. And no, we don't discuss politics...[:0]

The conversation is a hoot, 'cause my hearing not a lot better than his...so here we are father and son, 92 and 61...hollarin' at the top of our voices...
    both saying 'HUH' about every two sentences... [:D]

But we communicate!
    His spirit is still high, livin' life to its fullest...
    and he's still out before daylight in robe, underwear and rubber boots ( quite the picture now ),
    feeding the pigs and chickens...[^]

Ol' buzzard may outlive me and you both...
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Forget the ex-lax.

When my brother and I were 5 and 4 respectively, we got into an industrial-sized bottle of Keopectate. We pretended it was coffee. We drank the entire bottle.

I don't think either of us took a dump for at least a week.
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    When I take my daughter to the playground, there is a playset that has 2 seats on the edge of the set. She asked what game it was and I told her that it was a very hard game and that I wasn't sure she could do it. Me and her had to each sit in a seat and see who could be the quietest the longest. lol.

She is still young enough that I can get away with that when I need a rest (all too frequently).
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells
    Forget the ex-lax.

When my brother and I were 5 and 4 respectively, we got into an industrial-sized bottle of Keopectate. We pretended it was coffee. We drank the entire bottle.

I don't think either of us took a dump for at least a week.

That'll learn ya!
  • spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    Then pulling a knife on the young'n that tries to scare ya must be worse yet.[;)]
    Long ago, when working evenings, I came in and my son thought it'd be a good idea and try to scare dad. He hid behind the door, and just when i was inside and closing the door he yells BOO! I had the balisong to his face before he got to OO. That was near 25yrs ago, and to this day he says "You don't scare dad!!".[}:)]
  • CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love the inadverdent sneak attacks on the grandkids. [}:)][}:)][}:)] See ya there.