In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Talk About a Sore Loser!

mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
NY Baseball Fan Killed Mother as Team Lost

Mon Jul 30, 2007

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York man has been charged with beating his mother to death with a barbell after losing his temper while watching a baseball game on television.

Michael Anthony, 25, was watching the New York Mets lose a game on Saturday from his home in the borough of Queens when he began furiously banging on the walls, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said in a statement on Monday.

His father Fred Fischman shouted at him to stop, but Anthony punched him in the face and threw him to the ground, according to the criminal charges.

When Anthony's mother, Maria Fischman, 61, tried to intervene, prosecutors said he stabbed her once in the head with a knife before chasing her into a bedroom where he struck her several times with the 20 pound barbell.

"It is difficult to imagine a crime more heinous than that of a son viciously attacking his parents and, in the process, fatally beating his mother to death," Brown said.

Anthony has been remanded in custody and faces a maximum of life in prison if convicted.

- Plenty of time to watch the games now...

Comments

• LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I might be jumping to conclusions here, but I would have to say that was a dysfunctional family.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    They must have spanked him as a child...

[}:)]
  • spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    Perhaps they should outaw barbells..and televised baseball...
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These two come to mind.
    Chlorine..........gene pool.
  • AZgunownerAZgunowner Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    see what happens when people who dont even play a sport take it to far...mabee a life lesson for you fast paced nascar fans....
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, at least he'll have a place to live in prison, not that he can't live with mom anymore.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

or not.
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spurgemastur

or not.

He should get lots of barbells now ................. and those spanks are special treat [}:)].
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I wonder if the Mets will root for him at the trial?[:0]
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i told ya new yorkers are all rats in cages. but nooo, you didnt believe me![B)]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    What? The guys shows a little team spirt, gets a bit rowdy when the Mets lose and suddenly everyone makes a big deal out of it.
  • Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    Tell us how you really feel[:0]

quote:Originally posted by bobski
    i told ya new yorkers are all rats in cages. but nooo, you didnt believe me![B)]
  • Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is not murder of the mother, nor assault on the father. I could not be, he did not use an evil, disgusting, black, assault gun with a 500 round magazine and cop-killer special depleted uranium bullets!!

Watch out New York, it is time to register all of your kitchen knives. base ball bats, and bad tempers!![:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

OldFool.jpg
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder what the other lifers will say/do when he says he attacked his dad and killed his mom because the Mets lost...what a *.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by AZgunowner
    see what happens when people who dont even play a sport take it to far...mabee a life lesson for you fast paced nascar fans....

fewer spectator fights than most any other sport. Teasing others about their driver is all part of the fun,...and 99% of the fans know that. Maybe it says something about the mental capacity of the fans????
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I made it through the 2004 and 2005 Tigers seasons without so much as even smacking anyone.
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    We should start a rumor that he bought that barbell on ebay.
  • Flyin_PaulieFlyin_Paulie Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kristov
    What? The guys shows a little team spirt, gets a bit rowdy when the Mets lose and suddenly everyone makes a big deal out of it.
    Me thinkie this tongue in cheekie comment.[:p]
  • tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    I love these stories.... I've been saying for years that excercise equipment should be banned... it leads to STeroid use, Jock Itch and Murder!!!
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:We should start a rumor that he bought that barbell on ebay.

[:D] There we go.

Jon
    edited November -1
    I wonder if the family will file suit against the Mets?
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Remind me agian why this guy isn't hung? Good lord we need to use more capital punishment. Oh and cost effective capital punishment also.
  • tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Kodiakk
    Remind me agian why this guy isn't hung? Good lord we need to use more capital punishment. Oh and cost effective capital punishment also.

He may well be HUNG, Don't care...He should be hanged too!!!
  • 65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old Fool
    Watch out New York, it is time to register all of your kitchen knives. base ball bats, and bad tempers!![:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Thats not too far off; irwin land, and to a lesser extenet britianville have done just that. then turned around and taken the swords [heirlooms] and others items for no reason.
  • Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    he wasnt breast fed. and missed the nurturing care of his mother and thus keep him form moving out
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what a sick s.o.b.
  • rhythm_guyrhythm_guy Member Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old Fool

and barbells
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by castleland
    I hope he didn't start a new baseball tradition...maybe this is proof that baseball fans aren't that reasonable...after all they watch a game where guys wearing tight pants run around chasing balls, then get pissed when their team filled with overpaid athletes looses. Baseball players are rich and glorified as heroes, when they aren't firefighters, they aren't soldiers, they are just full grown men playing a childish game, and off the field not surprisingly, they often act childish. The fans act more excited than I would if I won the lottery when their team wins, and act more pissed when their team looses than I would I just lost everything I own, when they won or lost nothing, it was just a silly game, how someone could watch baseball, and on top of that feel so happy or sad if "their" team lost, is proof that their must be a lot of stupid people in the world. I'm glad this guy is in prison where be belongs.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=773579

http://www.natescribs.com

Nate (castleland)

Personaly I watch over a hundred games a season and consider baseball to be the finest game in the world, but thats just my opinion. And you are entitled to your opinion as well.

Since you don't like organized sports, maybe you could try competitive team recycling or even a head to head tree hugging contest. [;)]
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Violence is nothing new to baseball. I'll never forget a game I heard on the radio in 1975. I don't remember who the Phillies were playing that day but they had a pitcher named Larry Christenson. He had a 12-0 lead going into the eighth. He won the game 13-12. After the game Richie Ashburn ask Danny Ozark why he didn't pull Christenson out of the game. Ozark said "I was afraid if I walked out to the mound I'd choke the son-of-a-*!"
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1

............or not!![}:)][:(!]
  • AHansenAHansen Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It wasn't his fault, society failed him. Society should have been there to take the barbell out of his hand before he struck his mom.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    his parents where obviously nationals fans