In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How Many are Staying Home for New Year's Eve???

steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
edited December 2006 in General Discussion
Meh, maybe I'm getting older... but I don't really want to go out tonight. My wife doesn't either. A few years ago we would have been hitting the bars and what not. This year, we're staying home. At least I have a bag of old fireworks for around midnight. I might have a small get together here, but most of our friends already have plans. Just in case, I'm splitting some wood for our outdoor fireplace. What are your plans for New Year's Eve?? [8D]

Comments

• PensfanPensfan Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the past few years we have been staying home, and just celebrating as a family. Our daughter wants to fire up the fondue pot for a special desert and we'll probably shoot off some fireworks illegally.

:D
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Illegally?

Must live in Illinois.
  • steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pensfan
    For the past few years we have been staying home, and just celebrating as a family. Our daughter wants to fire up the fondue pot for a special desert and we'll probably shoot off some fireworks illegally.

:D

[:D][:D][:D] Sounds like fun! Now... how to combine the fireworks with the fondue pot... that's the question! [:D]
  • PensfanPensfan Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    St Louis County in Missouri... not supposed to shoot them off here, but everyone does on New Years and the 4th of July.

;)
    edited November -1
    Mrs. Plaid has to work to night. She's not looking forward to it. 911 dispatcher and she starts at 10 pm.

I gotta work tomorrow morning. Not gonna be a late night for me.
  • steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    St Louis County in Missouri... not supposed to shoot them off here, but everyone does on New Years and the 4th of July.

;)

Yup... here too they're not allowed... and I live about 300 yards from the police station. They really don't care though. As long as it's a holiday and the people setting them off aren't being stupid about it, they're really cool.
  • D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    I have a few folks coming over we're going to fire up the grill and maybe even a few rifles.[:D]
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    We always stay home on New Year's Eve. I go out on the deck at midnight and play Auld Lange Syne on my trumpet. Been doing it for a dozen years. The neighbors always jeer and boo me. [:(!] They have no appreciation for good music. [:D]
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I never go out on "Amateur Night" but I'll find something to keep me amused trink21.gif
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    just staying home. with the new baby just getting out of ICU and the cost of all his meds we really cant afford to do anything
  • ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The wife and I usually stay off the road on new years eve. All of the amateur drunks will be on them tonight. I have a fridge full of beer and such. We may have some friends come over to play cards or something. Anyone for some strip poker? Feel free to drop in.
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    We almost always stay home. My 15 year old is having friends over. That should be enough excitement for me. Maybe Dick Clark can talk this year...he on TV tonight?
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,312 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Right here on the Ranch. Prolly be in bed by 9:30 or 10:00 at the latest. Been over 15 years since I "tied one on" on New Year's eve.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
  • sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We just treat it as another day here. No big huu-rahhh for us.
    edited November -1

;)

St. Louis eh? Great place. Like that town.

I bet firework calls to 911 are almost as low priority as illegal lawn watering.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going out but, staying sober. I'll try to make it to midnight.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heading out the the neighborhood party after a bit.

Happy New Years everybody.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife and youngest son are at the Colt game. The sun came out an hour ago and I'm finishing splitting the firewood for this year. I have a refrig full of diet coke - yeah I can probably find a beer or 20!

No way I ever go out on N.Y.E. and challenge Indian's finest!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going to hang with the neighbors, down a few cold refreshments.
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    My wife and I will probably be asleep when midnight gets here.

Like a line in a song says,

'The hangovers hurt worse than they used to!'
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Staying home. Some friends are supposed to come over later on. My wife is making some cheese dip. Have 1/2 gallon of crown royal, 1/2 gallon of vodka, and 1/2 gallon of rum. We are ready!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Meh, maybe I'm getting older... but I don't really want to go out tonight. My wife doesn't either. A few years ago we would have been hitting the bars and what not. This year, we're staying home.

Its not called "getting older"...Its called "appreciating the finer things in life, like family, food on the table, maybe a bottle of wine and being with the family and/or friends when the new year comes in....[:)]
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I made a big pot of beans w/ham, cornbread, and bisquits.I'm lockin' me in, and the cops out!!
    Supposed to be 1,500+ cops on the roads, in Palm Beach County alone tonight !![:0]
    Me and the wife should be tradin farts pretty well by midnight!![xx(]
    Just kiddin' my beans are "fart-free"[:D]

HAPPY NEWYEAR TO Y'ALL!!

Jeff
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep staying home, going to make Bonyacalda and cheese fondue. Get the fireplace going, do a few movies etc. Then up early in the AM to go fishing with the wharf rats.
  • acdoddacdodd Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My neighbors will wake me up at midnight shooting their guns into the air like the fools they are.
    My wife said I cannot return fire even though I have a new AR and 500 rounds of ammo.
    Happy hew year everyone.
    AC
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will be staying home, as usual.
    It's....dangerous....out there. [:0]
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Will be staying home, as usual.
    It's....dangerous....out there. [:0]

Yea, the damn drunks. Don
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Working on the medical floor of our local hospital. 7a-7p Yippee!
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357
    Right here on the Ranch. Prolly be in bed by 9:30 or 10:00 at the latest. Been over 15 years since I "tied one on" on New Year's eve.

............DITTO.....
  • bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Staying home for New Year's, as usual. Haven't been to a NYE party in several years. Hopefully I will remember to have my annual shot of Bushmill's at midnight![:D]

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!

-
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got home after visiting some friends.. Man road checks are everywhere.
  • stevenrayspeckstevenrayspeck Member Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same as you, Staying home.