In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question about Wile E. Coyote

RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
edited January 2007 in General Discussion
If he can afford to buy all those devices to utilize for catching the roadrunner, why can't he afford to just buy something to eat?

Comments

• jabronij3jabronij3 Member Posts: 4,686
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    If he can afford to buy all those devices to utilize for catching the roadrunner, why can't he afford to just buy something to eat?

same reason some of us hunt rather than buying.........just 'cause!
  • PC800PC800 Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why do we spend hundreds of dollars on guns and such to walk around the woods trying to shoot a deer? That money would buy a lot of beef :)
  • dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, he could have just sent to Cabela's for some sausage.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

RL, I thought you knew Wiley was a welfare scammer. His cuz is known as Hairy Coyote...his family is out looking for equality tonight as well! [:D]
    What's next?
  • LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is America, he charged the stuff.
  • stevenrayspeckstevenrayspeck Member Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Thats like asking why a woman won't tell you what she really wants.[:D][:D][:D]
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Yep, he could have just sent to Cabela's for some sausage.
    Yeah, but no one likes Acme sausage....Yuck..!! [xx(][xx(]

crims40
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Well then what the * kinda cartoon would we have?
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    The local KFC don't have "ROADRUNNER" on the menue!!!

Jeff
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

RL, I thought you knew Wiley was a welfare scammer. His cuz is known as Hairy Coyote...his family is out looking for equality tonight as well! [:D]
    That's what happens when you're white and working. Equality is hard to find.

You, kimi, on the other hand, live off welfare and food stamps. Has your significant other quit the block yet or do you still need her income as well for your crack pipe?
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I think he buys that stuff with a credit card. [:D]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY

You, kimi, on the other hand, live off welfare and food stamps. Has your significant other quit the block yet or do you still need her income as well for your crack pipe?

Where's your sense of humor, Hairy? You have had a lousy two days, cheer up, guy! [:)] I have to hand it to you, though, for finally equating white with work and equality...hang in there, bud! [:)] I did not think that an officer and a gentleman would stoop to talking about another person's wife. Yeah, you have had a couple of real bad days, Hairy, what with your idol Saddam and Kwanzaa getting hung back to back...but you'll get better...I think. Like I said, Hairy, hang in there Bud! [:)]
    What's next?
  • 65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He could just buy a shotgun, and blow him away. However I believe that wile E. coyote is 'stupidis maximus'.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:If he can afford to buy all those devices to utilize for catching the roadrunner, why can't he afford to just buy something to eat?

CoyoteGenius.gif
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. UPS delivers, but the local Domino's is 6 hours away
    2. No shotgun- Wile E. never got his C&R FFL
    [:p]
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

This question was addressed by Wile E. Coyote himself. Roadrunner is the ultimate delicacy for (cartoon) coyotes.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    Question about Wile E. Coyote

He must be a common thief, or worse yet...

...an elected government official!
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it's all at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wile_E._Coyote_and_Road_Runner

quote:How the coyote acquires these ACME products without any money is not explained until the 2003 movie Looney Tunes: Back in Action, in which he is shown to be an employee of Acme. In a Tiny Toon Adventures episode, Wile E. makes mention of his protege Calamity Coyote possessing an unlimited Acme credit card account, which might serve as another possible explanation. Wile E. being a "beta tester" for Acme has been another suggested explanation. Wile E. also uses war equipment such as cannons, rocket launchers, grenades, and bayonets which are "generic", not ACME products. (Why he never ordered some food to ease his hunger pangs is also unexplained).you can view the entire Illustrated Acme Catalog here.

http://home.nc.rr.com/tuco/looney/acme/acme.html
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uhhhhh.....y'all DO realize we're talking about a CARTOON here, right?
  • CJ7nvrstkCJ7nvrstk Member Posts: 678 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    The local KFC don't have "ROADRUNNER" on the menue!!!

Jeff

Off topic, great sig line!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY

There ya go with the personal attacks againt. What a (_?_)
    edited November -1
    Happy New Year to ya CJ!
    What's next?
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I guess he's an accessory-hog... (no pun to the coyotes)
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    "Nine tenths of the fun is the chase!"

... at least that's what my wife told me![:D]
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Henry0Reilly
    This question was addressed by Wile E. Coyote himself. Roadrunner is the ultimate delicacy for (cartoon) coyotes.

How would they know since no (cartoon) coyote has ever caught a (cartoon) Roadrunner?
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    actually, Wile E. Coyote DID catch the Roadrunner, once. The prob was, he (the Roadrunner) was 200ft tall, and Wile E. held up a sign that said something like, "OK, smartypants, NOW what do I do??!!"

PS, Wile E> has a revolvong charge account with Acme Products. [:D]
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cartoon time is over. Coyote's are [xx(] if I see them.
  • B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suspect Wile E was actually an Illegal Immigrant Coyote. That would make the government (us) responsible for his satisfaction. So all the stuff he needed to eat, live, pursue happiness,medical care for all the times he got busted up and possibly to comply with religious beliefs would be our responsibility to provide.[:D]
  • joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zip: Love it; " "Nine tenths of the fun is the chase!" The best answer as yet. How damn true.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by B17-P51
    I suspect Wile E was actually an Illegal Immigrant Coyote. That would make the government (us) responsible for his satisfaction. So all the stuff he needed to eat, live, pursue happiness,medical care for all the times he got busted up and possibly to comply with religious beliefs would be our responsibility to provide.[:D]

[:D]
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    Happy New Year to ya CJ!

Thanks Kimi, right back at ya.

[:D]
  • godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    he gets the stuff free it is his advertising of the acme things that they want.