I'm a new night GB member...Do I know any of you?

eboydelleboydell Member Posts: 10,988
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
Due to unusual circumstances, I am with you guys tonight. I know some of you are saying:"Is not all day enough?" Well, let's see.[:D]

Comments

• RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    I am still here [:(!] And it doesn't look like I'll be unplugging for a couple of more hours.
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 13,043
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eboydell
    Due to unusual circumstances, I am with you guys tonight. I know some of you are saying:"Is not all day enough?" Well, let's see.[:D]

What's an 8541?

Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a rooster?
    A: A rooster clucks defiance.

Do you know our other board lawyer, mattie? Perhaps you two know each other from feeding at the bottom of the same pond?
  • bingeebobbingeebob Member Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just a question, for you night guys, what do you do while you are gunbokrering. tonight, im having a few cold ones, watching my typing speed and accuracy deteriorate, i spend more time correcting than i do typing.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601
    edited November -1
    Organizing my music collection, adding some more tunes to the MP3 player. Drinking a few brews. I'll be heading to bed shortly though.

Waiting to see if the Brewer's are going to lose and the Cubs will be tied for FIRST!
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    [:D]well im work like some of the other should be Cubs [}:)][:D]
  • eboydelleboydell Member Posts: 10,988
    edited November -1
    DWS, SCOUT/SNIPER...
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tazzer
    [:D]well im work like some of the other should be Cubs [}:)][:D]

I've worked 14 out of that last 16 days.

I go back for 3 nights starting tomorrow. Then back to the normal rotation.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
    edited November -1
    DWS, I know Matt(not in the biblical way), we are both proud DALLAS COWBOY'S FANS. And he is one heck of a good attorney![;)]
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bingeebob
    just a question, for you night guys, what do you do while you are gunbokrering. tonight, im having a few cold ones, watching my typing speed and accuracy deteriorate, i spend more time correcting than i do typing.

I'm sleep surfing. It's like sleep walking but without the exercise.
    edited November -1
    DWS, SCOUT/SNIPER...

That's a primary MOS now?
    And he is one heck of a good attorney

Isn't "good attorney" an oxymoron?
    edited November -1
    DWS. If you enjoy reading, I highly recommend "MARINE SNIPER" by Charles Henderson. It is an excellent book.[;)]
    edited November -1
    DWS. If you enjoy reading, I highly recommend "MARINE SNIPER" by Charles Henderson.

My lips tire quickly, sorry. Besides, I never met a sniper who wasn't a skating pogue.
    edited November -1
    you never met carlos hathcock
    edited November -1
    DWS,I am not sure, but I believe that MOS was finally approved in the '80's. The main problem that still remains is that promotions are difficult and often a "dead end" for most Marines. Secondly, you don't want a "good" attorney...you want to win! Sometimes that can bite you on the a**!(What is your real first name?)[}:)] I'm not queer or anything...just DWS is so strange![;)]
    edited November -1
    you never met carlos hathcock

No, I've never been in a gay bar.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member, Moderator Posts: 29,879 ******
    edited November -1
    I'm tired....I just pictured Beavis...."you said Hathcock!"
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at [email protected]
    edited November -1
    DWS,I am not sure, but I believe that MOS was finally approved in the '80's.

Sniper was a secondary MOS when I was in, always with an 03 primary. There was a sniper school in Danang we sent two of our bababooeybirds to. No offense, but our snipers were worse pogues than Battalion Recon.
    edited November -1
    DWS, CARLOS HATHCOCK is one ,if not, the best U.S. Marine sniper to ever live. He served two tours of duty in Nam. On his second tour, the amtrack upon which he was riding hit a mine. He save seven Marines by throwing them off while it was on fire. He lived with severe burns and wasted away from MS. He was awarded the Silver Star. He all but designed the M40A1 Marine sniper rifle. Please don't make fun of Gunny Hathcock.
    edited November -1
    DWS, Was that the famous Hill 55?[?]
    edited November -1
    Please don't make fun of Gunny Hathcock.

Was that making fun of Gunny Hathcock to you?

Yup, you're a friggin' lawyer, all right.
    edited November -1
    DWS, How is a simple request the sign of a typical lawyer? Believe me, I am far from a "typical lawyer". Please explain that remark...it baffles me.[?]
    edited November -1
    Like the gentleman said:"You never met Carlos Hathcock." Why do you dislike lawyers and snipers? I am the first to say that most attorneys are just grown up nerds with a little precieved power. But there are some very competant and nice lawyers...and snipers.[;)]
    edited November -1
    DWS, How is a simple request the sign of a typical lawyer? Believe me, I am far from a "typical lawyer". Please explain that remark...it baffles me.[?]

Because your request was not a request but a mischaracterization of my purpose. In other words, your were trafficking an agenda. And it persists even now with this post.
    edited November -1
    Like the gentleman said:"You never met Carlos Hathcock." Why do you dislike lawyers and snipers? I am the first to say that most attorneys are just grown up nerds with a little precieved power. But there are some very competant and nice lawyers...and snipers.[;)]

Hey, Earl, I can only speak for myself. The snipers in both my units in both tours were without exception prima donnas and pogues. And they got more R&R and didn't have to burn crappers. Want more?
    edited November -1
    cut the bickering, Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock was an outstanding Marine, and did more for this country than i think any of us can claim. Please refrain from speaking negatively about that particular sniper, he wasnt one of these hot shot, "spec ops" oakley shade wearing poser pieces of bababooey you see these days, he was an exemplary Marine, who did his job as he was asked, and never complained, he gave the Marine Corps 93 confirmed kills, with over 400 unconfirmed, but you never heard him brag, boast, or seek recognition for his service. He is regarded as the father of Marine Corps Scout/Sniping, and ranks right up there with chesty as far as i'm concerned.
    edited November -1
    cut the bickering, Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock was an outstanding Marine, and did more for this country than i think any of us can claim. Please refrain from speaking negatively about that particular sniper, he wasnt one of these hot shot, "spec ops" oakley shade wearing poser pieces of bababooey you see these days, he was an exemplary Marine, who did his job as he was asked, and never complained, he gave the Marine Corps 93 confirmed kills, with over 400 unconfirmed, but you never heard him brag, boast, or seek recognition for his service. He is regarded as the father of Marine Corps Scout/Sniping, and ranks right up there with chesty as far as i'm concerned.

You're a reader. Good for you. Oh, and stick it in your ear, sonny.
    edited November -1
    i dont know you very well DWS, and normally i wouldent say this to someone i wasnt accquainted with but... you are an *. why must you respond to everything with smart * comments???? otherwise i like you, you just rub people the wrong way.
    edited November -1
    i dont know you very well DWS, and normally i wouldent say this to someone i wasnt accquainted with but... you are an *. why must you respond to everything with smart * comments???? otherwise i like you, you just rub people the wrong way.

Funny, I was about to say the same. Why are you persisting, *? Do you have a reading deficit? Frankly, your lame-* comparison of Hathcock to Puller bespeaks your woeful ignorance.

Go read another book, sonny. And now try the other ear.
    edited November -1
    not even worth my time
    edited November -1
    Puller was a high ranking officer who could readly afford to speak his mind. By the way,I also think a great deal of Puller. However, Hathcock was a grunt who burned "crap". He was pulled out for his shooting abilities. He never made a cent off of "MARINE SNIPER". The crooked attorneys got the publisher out of that obligation. No one "enjoyed" that hell hole called Viet Nam. But you should dislike the real *: Kennedy, Johnson, etc.,etc. Hathcock was anything but a prima donna. Who are you really angry with?
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Hi, Earl.

Doug
    edited November -1
    Doug, Boy! That night crowd is a tough bunch. Maybe it's because they need sleep? Good morning back at you, Doug![:D]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Hey, just woke up, did I miss anything?

[:X]
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,815
    edited November -1
    DWS
    I've noticed that the guys that have realy "been there, done that" esp when it comes to sniping type activities DON'T even talk about it, let alone BRAG about it. Have you noticed the same thing?
    BTW, I met (very briefly) both Gunny Hathcock and his son many years ago, and both were very quite and humble men. One of my current co-workers was a Marine S/S in DS-1, and he also is quite, humble and dosn't talk about his past.

There is just something about all the keyboard commandos bragging about their "sniping" exploits that makes me go Hummmmmmmmmm.
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep

What's an 8541?

Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a rooster?
    A: A rooster clucks defiance.

Do you know our other board lawyer, mattie? Perhaps you two know each other from feeding at the bottom of the same pond?

e71.jpg
    edited November -1
    DWS, SCOUT/SNIPER...

That's a primary MOS now?
    And he is one heck of a good attorney

Isn't "good attorney" an oxymoron?

e71.jpg
    edited November -1
    Please don't make fun of Gunny Hathcock.

Was that making fun of Gunny Hathcock to you?

Yup, you're a friggin' lawyer, all right.

e71.jpg
    edited November -1

Funny, I was about to say the same. Why are you persisting, *? Do you have a reading deficit? Frankly, your lame-* comparison of Hathcock to Puller bespeaks your woeful ignorance.

Go read another book, sonny. And now try the other ear.

e71.jpg