In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Does the age of the earth affect your faith?

2»

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    DIEHARD: Evidently you have missed something,, in Genessis the two accountings are a mistake in in what day what was done.. One account has different things on different days than the other. Also the Lights The Greater one the sun and the lesser one the moon are created after plant life.. HMMMMMM and we all know the moon doesnt have a light of its own, its a reflection off the sun,, HMMMMMM..

If you havent seen contradictions then you have not been comprehending what you are reading, or you like so many others refuse to see the contradictions, and want to give some lame excuse why there are these contradictions..

Simply Google "Biblical contradictions and you will find many sites by Biblical writers and scholars pointing them out.

I even have some books here by Biblical archeologists that explain the 1000 discrepencies and just how errent the bible is..

Want me to send ya a couple????

While Im here explain this contradiction. one of the first in the book.

These words are right out of the king james bible.. I didnt make them up.. Evidently the writer got confused or there was more than one writer with a different account , Which came first Man or animal???

GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
    GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
    GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

By the two verses above one shows the animals first, the second shows man first.. which is the right one? I guess you can find the rest of the problems with that book on your own now..
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not at all.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lets see,,first woman was not Eve but Lilith ..she was created the same time as Adam but she rebelled because she considered herself equal to any man and would not lay under him while having sex so she was replaced by Eve,,Thats my favorite because it starts at the beginning ,,O thats right,,Lilith is in every Bible but the Christian ones,,,but here are a few more..>>>>>>

Who is the father of Joseph?
    MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Humm Jacob or Heli

The number of beasts in the ark
    GEN 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

GEN 7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, GEN 7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

Must of been one big boat

How many stalls and horsemen?
    KI1 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

CH2 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

40,000 or 4,000 I guess size does matter

Jesus' last words
    Matt.27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

Luke23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

John19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

many Bible scholars that have studied it all their lives agree there are too many opposing views in the Bible to take it literal,,,
    yet many lay people do just that because that is what they were taught in sunday school
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "just beleive... just have faith..."
  • victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No....I can't without out a doubt prove the earth is 10,000 or 4 billion years old. Neither can anyone else absolutely.
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No effect at all ... God made it, and who's to say that the first rock He made could not have a little bug in it that looked to be a trillion years old!

Or do you think the first tree had no rings in it ... or did they all come from acorns!

The important proof issue is that He loves us, AND HE PROVED it on the cross!