In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Damm Ladybugs!!!

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
It was 65 degrees here today and Im being invaded by LadyBugs the damm things are everywhere!!!!

pacamopasrear.gif

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
This was the Ancient law of Youth
Old times are past, old times are done:
But the Law runs true, O little son!

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Then you can blame them and not poor Bailey. Change those shorts anyway![}:)]

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    Yup,

This time of year its ladybug Marty Gras.

Give em a brake. They live for this.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you had a Garden you wouldn't be complaining. [:D][:D][8D]

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
    Too bad the .17HMR is a bolt action![:D]

spiny
    'not all who wander are lost'
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    They are not lady bugs but Japanese or Chinese beetles. They can bite as well! We are over run by them too. Put a small cup or glass of kerosene on a shelf near a light and watch them come to it like flies to a dung pile. We suck them up off the light fixtures in the vac then take them outside to put on the rose bushes. I can not sit a open glass of anything to drink down without them flying into the drink. My daughters cat has knocked over the end table lamp many, many times chaseing them. Usually they don't get this bad till spring. If you do a search online for a beetle trap you will find plans for one that takes a black light, funnel, and plastic bag that they say works. I might try to build one this winter for next spring. Have you decorated your shorts with them yet?[:D]

God protect me from my friends, I can take care of my enemies...
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they are Japanese Beetles you need a couple of these, they work well.
    http://www.biconet.com/traps/SaferJBTrap.html
    saferJBTrap1.jpg

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, those jap beetle traps work well. Those things will devastate rose bushes. What you see are chinese beetles imported here to eat mites, which they do very well, but Lord, what a pain. Another imported species like starlings and sparrows. By the way PA, where are you? 50. mi. S. of Chicago and also 65 today with beetles..

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cry woman we got em too just kidding a flamethrower or holy water might work