In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fort Jackson???

imacboimacbo Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
edited November 2003 in General Discussion
Is anyone from Ft. Jackson or work there.

Comments

• bk0331bk0331 Member Posts: 523 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a Marine Corps reservist, I drill at the SC National Guard camp at Ft Jackson.

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence onto those who would do us harm." -George Orwell
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have friends there. It was a nice place to spend March 5 - April 22, 2001.
  • imacboimacbo Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife just left for there. I'm just tring to beat the bushes to find someone that might be able to send me some inside info. Nothing major just find out if she is doing good.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in 1993 I went to AIT there. Gotta love those pre-dug concrete fox holes they gave us mechanics.[:D][:D][:D][:D]
    I'll pass on the fire ants though!

Regards,
    190191.gif
    edited November -1
    Is she going through Basic Training there? I doubt you'd be able to get any "inside info" even from someone stationed there.
    edited November -1
    yeah basic. After that she goes to AIT at Ft Mead.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All basic training is pretty much the same. Just pray for her & send her letters every day. It's always great to hear from the family as much as possible.

Regards,
    190191.gif
    edited November -1
    Think about it like this. There are 17-year-old girls that go through Basic Training at Fort Jackson every summer between their Junior and Senior years of high school. I'm sure your wife will be just fine.
    edited November -1
    I know she will be ok and I know that it won't kill her but it's my baby and I just worry about her.[V]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I was an instructor (Drill Sgt) at both places, Basic is the same no matter where ya go, just some have worse weather than others. Ft Meade is not bad at all. Do ya know what MOS school she will be attending at Meade? I taught EOD there. dont know if they still have that there,been many yrs ago,[:D]

Pepe_stand3.jpg

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
    edited November -1
    combat documation/producer is what her MOS is. some call it the combat cam???
    edited November -1
    I know a lot has been changed, Darn I forget its been 25 yrs since I retired. All new stuff in the military, Jeeez, makes a fella feel old.[:D]

Pepe_stand3.jpg

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
    edited November -1
    I did Basic there, years ago...

Eric
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went through the reception center on my way to Ft Gordon 22 yrs ago. I can think of nicer places for a 18 yr old to spend a weekend. Didn't do me any harm though.

Woods
  • capecodcapecod Member Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I try to forget the eight weeks I spent there for basic training many years ago and the all-too-few weekend passes to Columbia.
    Seriously, I wish her the best of luck and I'm sure she'll go through it with flying colors.
    John

".... let your gun be your constant companion on your walks...this gives excercise to the body and independence to the mind... no man shall ever be debarred the use of guns..."
    Thomas Jefferson
    edited November -1
    I know she will be ok. I guess I'm just a big baby when it comes to her.
  • capecodcapecod Member Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its just the "Protective Husband Syndrome". I admire you for it.
    John

".... let your gun be your constant companion on your walks...this gives excercise to the body and independence to the mind... no man shall ever be debarred the use of guns..."
    Thomas Jefferson
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Maybe, when you have her address, you could post it and some of us would send her letters. The biggest pain I had in Basic was mail call, with no mail.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
    edited November -1
    that would be great if some of you guys would do that. I already have a stack to send but no addy for her yet. Anyone that would like to send a letter e-mail me and let me know. imacbo@excite.com thanks.
  • wizard78wizard78 Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November -1
    BIG mistake to post address here imacbo. Good intentions I know, but also a good source of unwanted freaks. JMHO.
    BTW, I transitioned through there in 71 in the old wooden basic barracks and the brick AIT barracks. In fact bought my first pistol there. [8D]

Explosion.gif
    Fight Crime, Shoot First