In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many trick - treaters did you have ?

greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
edited November 2003 in General Discussion
My wife and I calculated that over the past 3 years the number of kids has been falling so this year we had enough candy for 15-18 kids...YEP, you guessed it - 43 of the little gobblins showed up. I ran over to a neighbors house (Mike is like a little kid himself as he has a 4 ft diameter kiddie pool that he fills with candy and tells the kids that show up they have 5 seconds to grab) and borrowed a bowlfull to get us by.
How'd ya'll do?[B)]

the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt

Comments

• imacboimacbo Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    00000 none. I guess we are not liked.[V] but thats ok its been a nice night. (ie no TP in the yard[:D])
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always give them a few pennies.[}:)] I've probablly had about $3.00 worth.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    about 2 doz [:(]
    now what to do with all the candy
    give it to the neices and nephews and send them home on a suger high[:D][:D][}:)][}:)]

Lt.RRG

c.gif
    "Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up."
  • sunasuna Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    After there the first 3 I past one a guns magizine and have not seen any sense. HUMMMMM
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    We only had 212 this year because of the rain. Last year we had over 300.

troop_blink3.gif
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay, I live off the beaten path, but most anyone that knows me also knows I would lavish the kids with goodies.BUUUUUT, he's that "gun nut", so I have not had the pleasure of trickers for years. That's so sad.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had all of 6. Ok the 1st bunch I pretended that I wasn't home, didn't have any candy. [V]
    Then got to thinking I have all that microwave popcorn in the cabinent that no one eats. So I gave away that away. [:D]
    Ok so maybe it's 3 years old but it is individually wrapped. [:0]
    That boyscout stuff doesn't really have an expiration date does it?

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    NONE! They couldn't get past the dogs, barbed wire, and signs reading, "We don't call 911" with a revolver pictured below it.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 96harley
    NONE! They couldn't get past the dogs, barbed wire, and signs reading, "We don't call 911" with a revolver pictured below it.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."

Hahahahaha that's awesome! [:D]

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ZERO!
    I don't understand it.
    The little ones should be able to crawl under the Razor Wire. [:D] [:D] [8D]

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Probably bout 100, but I wasn't counting. I get home from work and the boss is on the puter, so I get the T or T detail. We live in about a 30 house subdivision. DAMN, if ya live in a subivision, those are T or T magnets. Not to mention the 8 ft. tall air inflated Frankentstein monster in the front yard.

The most 'interesting' T or T'r was a redhaired woman carrying her little girl. The little girl was wearing a 'Princess' costume. Her mother was wearing full hunting camo, complete with orange vest!

Funniest thing was about 9:30 things had slowed down. I'm out in my driveway in my car checking local HS football scores. (AM radio doesn't pick up anything inside) About 6 little girls run across my driveway heading to my front door. I get out of the car and it's a wonder the screams hadn't caused a neighbor to call 911.

Hmmm..next year I'm gonna so some 'on purpose' scaring!!

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same as the last 10 years or so.....0......not enough houses close enough to make it worthwhile for them.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • 4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    12,parents do not realize my driveway has a turn around in it,they think they have to back out into the highway. Of course I have only lived here since 1974,guess they will never learn[:D]

"bbroygbvgw"
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    none...zero...zip...nadda..0....none..at ..all...
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Only had 5 so sad, I like to see them and give candy away. Hope it aint another american custom going away.[V][V]
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Had about 40-50, down from around 80-100. Ready for them at 6pm nothing till around 715pm, really strange, but this is the weekend for the big college football game OU & OSU, just a weird not a lot of kids.
    Walte
  • old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    Only had 7 this year.But that's okay.Now i get to eat all the leftover candy while i'm sitting in my treestand.Gives me something to do besides stare at the empty woods.
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Been in this neighborhood about 13 yrs. now and have about 350 kids every year. I think people in this area are Sex Crazy.

I am confused at times.

We park on driveways,

and drive on parkways.
  • sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was a nightmare!! Only had about 40,,however I didn't have any help!!

My wife is back down with my sister,,,my eldest daughter was working,,and my youngest daughter was out doing whatever 16yr olds do on Halloween!!

Meanwhile I have a Great Dane,,Springer Spaniel and a yippity yap poodle that wants to greet everybody that comes to the door.

Can't put 'em out back,,they'll bark too much and the neighbors will call the cops.

So I put the two big dogs in the garage,,still barked.

And when the doorbell would ring I would catch the poodle and lock him in our bedroom. There he barks nonstop until the kids leave and I let him out.

There were some little cuties though!![^]
    I guess it was all worth it!![:)]

Bagged up what was left and took it to a friends house for their 6 yr old to eat[}:)]!!

There was one gal come to the door,,, she 'bout 7 axe handles wide,,carrying an infant, trick or treating,,,wonder who got the candy![;)]

,,,sod

cyclone.gifbw_308ar10t.gif
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Had six ,but one got loose before I checked the trap. So just five. Wifes cranking on the grinder right now.Need more sausage casings looks like.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Ronald J. SnowRonald J. Snow Member Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fairly busy evening in the store; flood light on front and rear, backstop lit up well and we were at the shooting bench sighting in firearms until 9PM!!! Lots slowed down, heard the shooting and kept going. No tp or pumpkins in the yard either.
  • chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    5... [:(!] not too impressive. Oh well, at least my house didn't get egged.

New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    ZERO. Same as last year and the years before.

About 1/4 mile north of me the streets crawl with goblins, but they just don't come out this far.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    About 150,mostly little ones with their parents.They sure were cute.