In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

does any one shoot USPSA / IPSC

shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
i know richbug does
i was just wondering if so where
if you dont you should give it a try it is a blast (no pun)
check it out uspsa.org

Lt.RRG

c.gif
"Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up."

Comments

• gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Yup. Zia R&P Club over by Montesa Park, behind the airport.
    Favorite stage: EL Presidente!
    Start with mag out, slide locked back, arms up in holdup position, facing away from 3 paper targets and 2 poppers......Shooter Ready?

If you know it all; you must have been listening.WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, IPSC...USPSA...IDPA...Combat...Defensive...All Steel...3 gun.
    There are six different ranges within two hours drive.
    Usually only go to the three close ones. (1 hour or less)
    Sometimes have to choose which match to go to.

I am a newbie
    Just started this year, love it..
    What division/classification are you?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    gunnut505
    where is that club
    do you shoot with D.Bednorz

pickenup
    Open B

Lt.RRG

c.gif
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    I am evil... The real IPSC affiliated clubs arround here have gotten too damn political. I have just been shooting at a couple clubs which are not currently members. I didn't re-up this year either. all have double their match fees, went from 15 to $30. I am not going to spend $60 to shoot for a couple hours. I have been one of the clubs decided that this year theye wanted you to call ahead for damn tee-time. What kind of crap is that? 6 guys in a van make their own squad and drive 2 hours to get there and they want to know exactly when we will get there!!!!!!!!

I have been having more fun, more shooting for less money. This year I have used 25 different guns in matches just for snots and giggles. Not many uspsa member can say that. Last month a ran a match with a S&W 15, a fox DB and a marlin lever action.

Oh well their loss.

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
    edited November -1
    Try Zia rifle and pistol all jammed together dot com, I think that's the website. The range proper is located just East of the Journal Pavilion, just South of Runway 29 at ABQ Int'l Airport, and just West of the Kirtland AFB "casual" range.
    Don't recognize the Bednorz; guy that's a lawyer & self defense instructor usually does the matches-he came up with a card to give cops when you get pulled over (Roger something) and have a firearm.
    Goes something like," I am an American Citizen. I would like to assist you in your investigation in any way I can. I wish to exercise my Civil Rights by refusing to answer any questions until an attorney of my choice is present. If you have a tape or video recording device, would you please activate it now."
    You just type it out on a business card, hand it out your partially open window, wait 1 minute; then leave.

edited November -1
    what days do you shoot i might be able to slip up and shoot a match with you

for get it richbug you live tooooooooooooo far away

Lt.RRG

c.gif
    edited November -1
    Usually Sundays every other week, or sometimes not for a month; depends on who's there, since I'm not a member and have to wait for a call the morning of the match. I was going to join, but they changed the dues and range rules recently, and tripled fees aren't something I look forward to.
    I was hoping to be in Capitan pretty quick for the high power matches; gotta find the calendar again.
    You're in Alamogordo or 'Cruces?

edited November -1
    West Texas i am planing to go to El Paso to shoot a pistol match
    and Alamogordo to shoot the N.M. 3 gun next year

Lt.RRG

c.gif