In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mice

rordogrordog Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
edited November 2003 in General Discussion
I have these small field mice that I just cannot get rid of! Tried 2 types of traps with peanut butter and they just clean them out! I don't want to use poison as I am affraid of them stinking up the place when they die under a cabinet or something. Any suggestions? They have grown the nuts to run across the living room in broad daylight!

Comments

• rordogrordog Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody else get mice in the fall? I've trapped seven today. I lock my door every night, I don't know how they get in, hehe.
  • rordogrordog Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the house, wife found some pellets [:(!] I got 4 traps and 2 clue traps set up, with some peanut butter as a bait [}:)]
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, my mom thinks they eat the dog's food in the kitchen. Last year I was chasing one in my basement with a golf club, trying to smack the thing.

I see them in the garage all of the time, we catch a few mice and moles in the garage every now and then.

www.ammoday.com
    bulletline.gif
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you raise outdoor birds, you have mice all year long.
    I raise birds.

When my oldest son was still living at home, we used to go out with a couple of pump-up BB/pellet pistols and plink away. A little competition to see who could get the most. Got quite a few that way.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    They ALL wanna come in come fall.....can't blame them it gets COLD up here! A few victors,a few snaps in the night.....problem solved[}:)]
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Same here, even though we don't get near the cold many of you do. Guess our southern mice/rats can't take the cold either! [:D]

We've got 12 horses next door and half that across the road, feed means critters. Come the first cold snap they want inside.