In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I'm back and I got one.....

robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
....heck of a case of shooting absolutely zero deer. Another wasted week in the woods [xx(][:(!][V][:(][B)].

signew.JPG

Comments

• whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A week in the woods is never wasted.

Clouder..
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by whiteclouder

Clouder..

That about says it all. "A bad day huntin beats a good day working anytime." [:D][:D][:D]

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif
    Proud Member of
    The Secret Society of
    Black Helicopter Pilots
  • dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    I did bag three squirrels and ate 'em right on up. Not too shabby I'd say. I also found I'm a damn good shot. If I saw a squirrel then it died, no escapes here! [}:)][:D]

signew.JPG
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dotcom_guy30
    wb roboman

[?][?][?][?]

signew.JPG
  • dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    speaking of those fultron amory garands i can send you a pic of my new 03 springfeild stock has been redone but overall excellent shape dont know how to post pic or i would but will mail

the thing that scares me is that we could be living in someone else's own reality
  • GB TrollGB Troll Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by roboman
    I did bag three squirrels and ate 'em right on up. Not too shabby I'd say. I also found I'm a damn good shot. If I saw a squirrel then it died, no escapes here! [}:)][:D]

Let it be known from this day hence! "Roboman the Squirrel KILLER" [}:)]

So tell us hotshot, what rifle did you use? Hot debate going on another thread.[}:)]

Glad you're back, I had nobody to pick on since nunn poofed the thread by 9mmTool. [}:)]

yoda2.jpg
    edited November -1
    Of course I used my .470 Nitro Express to be sure I could bring those squirrels down in one shot.

In all seriousness I used my Marlin .22LR with .22LR Hollowpoints. Did the job for the most part. The last one I killed suffered a little bit and squealed before I could finish it off. Broke my heart to be honest. Think I might be done for good... [:(][V].

signew.JPG
  • GB TrollGB Troll Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never give up! Get some buddies to hunt with. That's half the fun anyway. this way the stories keep you going when the deer are hideing. Anyway, kiddo, I only have 2 more posts before I go to oblivion in the 4th dimension, so stay clean. [}:)]

yoda2.jpg
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome back Robo- you might want to check out my giveaway, being a starving college student and all.

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GB Troll
    quote:Originally posted by roboman

Let it be known from this day hence! "Roboman the Squirrel KILLER" [}:)]

So tell us hotshot, what rifle did you use? Hot debate going on another thread.[}:)]

Glad you're back, I had nobody to pick on since nunn poofed the thread by 9mmTool. [}:)]

Roboman-Ground squirrel food, 1, 22-250 case. 1 Hord. 55gr SXSP bullet, 35.2 grns. H380, 1, Rem. Mag primer,

Add 1 Rem 40x.

Hold, squeeze trigger. Poof! My scientific way of the perfect atomiser [:D]

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif
    Proud Member of
    The Secret Society of
    Black Helicopter Pilots
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by whiteclouder

Clouder..

Amen brother!!

roboman if it's too easy for you I highly recomend a S&W 41 or a old Colt Woodsman. That's what I do about half my squirrel hunting with.

Woods

It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    roboman;
    wb = welcome back.

Ditto what Clouder said.

I have spent way more time "walking" in the woods than shooting in them.
    Just enjoying the fact that I could.

Better luck next time.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You didn't get a deer cause you made too much noise shootin dem Querrials, as my Grand-Daughter calls them.

[:)] [:D] [8D] [:p] [}:)] [^] [:)]

standard.jpg
    ATF.Eagle Guns
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually killing deer makes a lot of work. Just wandering in the woods with a rifle, now that is the good life.

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What He Dog said is also very true of fishing...

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

lifepatch.giffortbutton2.gif