In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone have an opinion???

josey2josey2 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Anyone else on this board have an opinion except the copy and paste guru Josey1I didn't think so............

Comments

• Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Real nice Bondai,now why did you feel it so important to attack me?Exactly what did I do or say to you that deserves such a response?I post articles I find interesting or informative and if the majority of posters here wished for me to stop,I will.However being attack by someone who has not the courage to post under their real name will do nothing but encourage me to contribute.Thanks Bondai for the inspiration. At a time in our collective lives of unity with fellow Americans I can't understand for the life of me why you feel the importance of attacking someone for posting,I don't think there is a max. to the amount of posts one can make,is there?Well anyway,god bless you Bondai and all you guys over at EZ,I respect you all as my fellow countrymen and only wish we can all collectively continue to express ourselves with the freedoms god has given us,Josey.(edited in respect of TLYNN)[This message has been edited by Josey1 (edited 09-30-2001).][This message has been edited by Josey1 (edited 09-30-2001).]
  • TLynnTLynn Member Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Josey1 - don't know who you are nor do I care.But one thing I've learned is that people who snoop on one board (without registering even) and then post the stuff on a different board - don't rate very high in my opinion.I would of thought you'd be the type to turn the other cheek and play fair...guess not. If I was that much of an a-hole I would go back and erase my response to bondai on that board. But unlike you I play it as it is - no matter what the consequences.
  • badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep I have an opinion. I think Josey1 is an alright guy who's making some very good posts. And if you don't like it josey2 there are other bbs.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
    edited November -1
    Tlynn,am I not able to defend myself,this was an attack on this board the only reason I posted the other material was to shown where it came from so would he not be guilty of the same?I am sorry you are so offeded so I will remove that section of my previous post however you are right in one aspect.I am big enough to turn the other cheek and I will as I also will refrain from any personal attack or any vulgar language,respectfully Josey.BTW nor do I care of who you are.Thanks Badboy[This message has been edited by Josey1 (edited 09-30-2001).]
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Josey1- You should stop posting material that some might find useful. Apparently, for some reason(god knows why), some getreally offended by it. We must keep the soon to be institutionalized calm.
  • OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME..........IN DROVES, I AM THE TYPE, IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING, AND IT ISN'T HURTING ANYONE, TURN THE OTHER CHEEK, GO JOSEY1, POST WHATEVER YOU LIKE, IT'S FREE, LIKE AMERICA!
    Let us Show the World our true colors, Unite and be Heard!
    edited November -1
    Josey1 - my opinion of you has risen and IdgitMidgit's opinion of you has risen as well (she's my cat and usually types for me).If you saw what I wrote on the other board you'll know that I don't care too much for so many posts at once from you but I'll also willingly admit that most of what you post has relevance.By the way do you haunt these boards 24/7? Just curious I admit. Also don't mind me too much - the gun range was full today and I couldn't go shoot my new toys.Oh yech, excuse me - time to help put the wallpaper up in moms living room and kitchen. I always thought Sunday should be a day of rest.
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Josey1I thank you for taking the time and effort that you do,for the benifit of others.You have to remember you cant make some people happy if you gave them ten dollar bills,they would wine because you did not give them twentys.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Josey1 is right on. Thanks for taking the time to post your stories each day, Josey. A lot of us don't have the time to search them out and it's a big help being able to read the cream of the crop all right here on GB.[This message has been edited by nunn (edited 10-03-2001).]
  • josey2josey2 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That was fun...Oh by the way Josey1..I didn't attack you. I asked a question. You should take a couple more anti-paranoid pills.By the way..Josie1 is not "right on" the people who wrote the articles are....Just food for thought.[This message has been edited by josey2 (edited 09-30-2001).]
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    josey2,How much does aunt Sarah pay you? This is not a attack ,just a question.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.[This message has been edited by varmit hunter (edited 09-30-2001).]
    edited November -1
    If you are referring to "Sarah Brady" she pays a bunch..
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Josey1-- I like to read one or two of your posts now and again. I have nothing against you and consider you a brother in the fight for our 2nd Ammendment. However, I treat most of your posts like forwarded email. I have a couple of people that forward me newspaper articles constantly. It's junk mail and I delete without reading it because no personal thought was put into it except, "Hey, this is cool. I'm going to show it to a million people today who will probably ignore it anyway." Like I said, I have nothing against you and love you like a brother but your posts push other posts way way back into the netherworld. The other ones don't get commented on because most people open and read what's on the first page of the discussion board. I don't come here to read what some professional journalist wrote in an online publication. I come hear to read the concerns, questions, gripes and humor of fellow shooters. Nothing personal but it's just getting to be a bit much.I say this with the utmost of good in mind but I liken your posts to "ton80" auctions that I have to sort though to get to the real auctions. He doesn't have any of his guns in stock nor does he ever look at them. He simply posts a million gun auctions that are all pretty much the same and then places an order when somebody bids on one. I thought about a CZ once but now I'm so sick of reading "CZ" on my computer screen that I think I'll stay away from it because seeing it over and over again is so nauseating. [This message has been edited by idsman75 (edited 09-30-2001).]
    edited November -1
    Ids,it is really not that difficult to find any post that is recent or even past,as far as what you consider valuable for you is fine.What you should understand is that what you don't find valuable others may,it really is up to the individual to dicern what is and what is not important to themselves.Any post that is replied to,no matter how far back or how long ago it was posted will be brought to back to the top if it remains inactive it goes back.I consider all who are firearm enthusiasts to be my brothers and sisters as well,so I hope you'll understand why I feel the more information available the better.I will however try to keep the majority of my posts in the realm of firearm ownership,pro-2nd newsand the RKBA,for that I will not censor,respectfully Josey.[This message has been edited by Josey1 (edited 09-30-2001).]
  • mindaminda Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The excessive informational posts, I call them infoposts like infomercials, are spam to me. They should be posted under another topic anyway.
  • AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree that I view the majority of these as a type of spam, and choose not to read them (except of course "Man Finds * in Bottle of Fruit Punch" - cant ignore a headline like that). Anyway, there are two categories that I would think better suited for these than "General Discussion." What would be wrong with posting them in a more appropriate forum such as "Politics" or "Gun Rights?"
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also consider them spam and just ignore them. Some may be interesting, but I don't have time. I agree most should be in another forum.
    edited November -1
    Agreed. If you want to have an on-line news service then start one or ask Admin to open another title, Breaking News or something like that, you decide. I for one am tired of wading through dozens of posts that are already available on the numerous on-line news sites.Not asking you to censor, just move it.There is alot of good info here, but you ain't it.Read for yourselves.Drudge reportNewsMaxCNN News on lineFox News Online just do a search with Google and decide for yourself.[This message has been edited by josey2 (edited 09-30-2001).][This message has been edited by josey2 (edited 09-30-2001).]
  • Mom MomMom Mom Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. I like the "infoposts". 2. The above is not an opinion. I'm trying to give up opinions. I'm getting quite successful at it, until I come here.
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I read them all. I find most all of Josie's posts, even if they are news articles, very informative and very very relevant to my daily life. I print many of them and put them in a notebook. Keep posting them please.
    edited November -1
    How do you know that what you are reading hasn't been tampered with???? Who knows what has happened to the article from the time it was "copied" and then "posted"
  • bfairbfair Member Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    josey2Did some one make you read all the posts. Like maybe you got sentenced to community service and the judge required you to read the posts here.
    Semper Paratus
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cant believe some of these posts I am reading.
    edited November -1
    salzo - it is amazing isn't it. Maybe we all needed something like this to get our minds off of other stuff.As for me I'm just trying to figure what to do about my back since the wallpaper - it's amazing how much little things like one wrong step on top of a couch can do to screw up a back.
    edited November -1
    bfair...That's funny..Community service.. HAHAHAHAHAHA : ) Like maybe yur from Kalifornia, fer sure....[This message has been edited by josey2 (edited 09-30-2001).]
    edited November -1
    Okay, I get the point. I'm also making a point though. The reason why many messages become inactive is because many people here who would post a brief response pop into the General Discussion forum and make a quick glance at what is current and log off. Now, what is current is at the bottom of the barrel and legitimate topics of discussion fall by the wayside by one who has monopolized the forum. I'm not going to get mean and nasty or profane here. I'm just throwing out my opinion into the banter. Instead of griping and name-calling and telling people what usernames to go under today, I'm going to offer a solution to the so-called "infoposts" that I would like Josey1 to take into consideration. Every day this board is deluged by thoughts/opinions/ideas/questions of shooters across America. It is also posted full of articles. Instead of giving each article its own post, why not entitle a single post with "Today's Josey1 Highlights" and then post all of the URLS that you would like us to read with a brief title or description about what is found at that URL? I took some computer programming in college and one instructor actually discussed ethics in disk-space usage. He claimed that it was unethical to waste disk space (i.e. gunbroker.com disk space). If the information is already contained at another website, put an URL or link on a single post so that we can link over to it. Like I said, it's just a thought/suggestion. idsman75's 2 cents[This message has been edited by idsman75 (edited 09-30-2001).]
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    idsman,I usually scan the lists of posts back to the point I left (use the dates!); so the "problem" of other posts being lost in Josey1's sometimes large number of posts is not a problem for me.I like Josey1's posts; I don't always have time to read all them--but then I don't read ALL the others either--there's never enough time to do all the things I want, but that's life.I will say, regarding Josey's posts, I always find them to be relevant to the issues of firearms/rights/liberty (except for maybe that "*" one--hey, I'm eating an egg roll now, I didn't need to read that title!).Anyway, KEEP POSTING Josey1 and don't let this "josey2" person get on your nerves--whoever he is and whatever his motives are (if he's trying to confuse us, he hasn't even come close to that).Joe
    edited November -1
    competentone--Interesting username. What it all boils down to is that this is spam. Not everyone disdains spam which does not change the fact that it is spam. I'm just offering suggestions to reduce the spam. You can still read what Josey1 wants you to see if he just makes one post with all the URLS. It would be the responsible thing to do.
  • .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Josey1's posts -- don't know how your computers work, but mine has "red folders" next to new/new replies, and I keep paging back until I get to the end of the red folders. If some just log in and glance at the first page, more the loss for them. It's a free country, no one forces you to read posts, I skip ones that don't sound interesting. Spam? Whatever. I find them interesting and informative, and I appreciate Josey1 going to the time and trouble to "cut and paste". Josey2 - you sound like someone with a real "Jerry Springer" mean streak - what's your problem? Your owner not giving you enough raw meat?
    I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.--Voltare
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Y'all are so damn funny!!! I have an opinion (I think) - Oh yeah - Way to go Josey1!!!!!!!! For those of you who say "you don't want to waste your time - when it is already on another board somewhere" (thats what it sounded like to me) I laugh at your face - Ha Ha Ha!! So use your time and go look for it. I would rather it came to me. Very simple - I ain't got to read it, if it don't interest me. Spam to some, Ham to others. Most of the posts have some relevence. Gee - remember Band Camp, and that Josey1 kept posting notes - OH MY GOD. Josey2 your topic sucks, but good for a laugh.
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got an opinion but like most it stinks like the rest of them. I made the early mistake of reading some of Josey1's post's thinking that they were posted as his opinions. I realized after a Josey bashing session that went on that Josey's just trying to keep us illiterates informed. I don't read all of his posts, the titles help sort most of them out. If I read one I find interesting though I do follow it up and try to find out the whole story. It is spam but in a lot of cases it is related to our favorite hobby. As long as we don't get too many informational experts posting I think Josey's a useful part of the board.
  • XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Spam? For the REAL THING go to: http://www.spam.com/
  • 4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got an oppinion...I like Josey's posts...Josey2 you can go back under that rock you came from.If you don't like em, don't read em.
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know how anyone can describe Josey's posts as "spam"--all the spam I've ever received or seen on boards were from people trying to sell something or spread BS. Neither of which comes close to Josey's posts!If adminstration did find that the general discussion board was getting too crowded, another board for "news/media discussion" could be created--in which case I would visit specifically to look for Josey's posts. Thank-you again, Josey, for your efforts.Joe
  • ladrladr Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dang, Dano and I will have to retire from stirring the pot.It is quite simple, DO NOT read Josey1 if you do not want to.Think he is crowding the page? YOU post something.Josey2, Name ripoffs is sleazy and cheap, make your point under your "real" name.IDS in reference to ton80, I know the man and he has one of the larger gun shops in the Atlanta area.As for me, not taking a stand either way. In other words, no opinion.
  • turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an opinion. I believe Joesy2, envies Josey1.
  • JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you Josey1 for the interesting posts. Keep it up. I find most of the posts relevant to the gun rights issue (with some exceptions like the jar/* post, which I did not read so maybe it does somehow relate to the Second Amendment). I read only those of interest to me. Anyone not wanting to read the posts need not.
  • LightningLightning Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto..........If you dont like them then dont read them. I dont read all of them but I do like them. Just because a certain topic dosent appeal to me dosent mean it wont to someone else. So if you dont like it.....dont click it........and dont complain.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Josey1: I don't read all your stuff, but much of what I have read is interesting & informative. And I thank you for taking the time to post it. Now spam . . . spam is the sort of post that started this thread. There are other words for it . . . .
  • shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought spam was somthing you ate on a sandwich, but then again I thought josey1 posted some good stuff! Keep on posting josey1!! Like others have said if someone doesn't like what you post they do not have to read it.