In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

People Searches

Young Ns GirlYoung Ns Girl Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
edited July 2006 in General Discussion
Have you ever searched for people on line? I googled "people search" and searched for my self. I was quite disturbed when my info popped up on the screen.

Comments

• tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    Iv located some folks before that i new owned land when i was young to try and get the hunting rights. Its worked a few times
    I came up with phane # and addr. from folks i new 10 years ago.

Taz
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kinda scary isn't it,
    at least when I google my name I only get a handful of hits leading back to times I am assigned to teach and the rosters a couple of campus organizations I am a member of.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...If you really need the dirt on someone, pay one of those online "people finder" services 30 or 40 bucks. Whoa! Criminal records, arrest records, traffic stops, aliases, former and last known address, phone no., tax history, divorce records, etc., etc.

...Usually the free info will get you an address and phone, but a couple times, I've needed all the ammo in my belt that I could get.
  • Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    Absolutely NOTHING - nada- shows up for me on Google. Sometimes I don't think I'm even here.[;)]
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I people searched myself and all that came up on the screen was the word, "Loser".
    It's eerie, I tell ya.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    The only info on line is the info that is already public knowledge...for example, any public records are just that, public ...any purchases (property) court appearances, etc..
  • tacking1tacking1 Member Posts: 3,844
    edited November -1
    one of the funniest stories I ever heard was the one told on "Bob & Tom" about the guy who was sitting in a bar in Korea and got a call from the student loan people about a late paynment!
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I "Googled" my name and my picture came up! [:D]
    supes2.jpg
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

It doesn't work worth a damn if one is trying to find a female that may have married and changed her last name![;)]

You're right...unless it's Roseanne [:(!]
    051206_roseanne_275.jpg
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses
    The only info on line is the info that is already public knowledge...for example, any public records are just that, public ...any purchases (property) court appearances, etc..

...Very true BR. However the advantage is that all the info can be gathered from one source. Can you imagine tracking it all down if the guy had lived in several states, served in different penal systems and was stopped by police in several states/counties?
  • jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    I just did a search on my half brothers, whom I haven't seen or heard from in about 6yrs. One plays baseball for the Texas Rangers (he's 21), drafted 1st rd. out of highschool in 2003, and received a 2.1million dollar signing bonus![:0][:0]

My other brother (18) passed on the draft and is a freshman in college, ranked No.7 in America in baseball!

MAN, I should have stayed in touch with them.[B)]

Ben
  • yawarakaiyawarakai Member Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I searched myself and all I came up with was my old freenet account.

You think I could at least get Smiles Unlimited or The Cook's Corner both of which I run. I have been running the one for years and have e-mail lists, surely that should google. Now I feel non-existant, who started this ^$^% thread [V]